2nd vs The Invincibles

55 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

As a wee aside, it's not been discussed so it can't be this weekend, but I feel Sean Mackie must be extremely close to a yellow cards suspension. Feels like iv seen him booked for the exact same tackle 6 weeks in a row

He's on 3, same as Tait.

Agyeman, MacIver, Hendo, Spencer on 2.

Ross and Yeats on 1.

This has got a very similar feel to our first home match against Accies last season. 

Both teams came barrelling out the traps with 7 wins and a draw from their opening 8 games. Big expectant crowd (from us anyway, lol @ Hamilton and their 300 fans) and it was the most dull 0-0 draw you ever did see.

Both Ayr and ourselves missing plenty of players through injury. Wouldn't be surprised if this becomes a bit of a damp squib with two teams trying to figure each other out and happy to share the points 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

20 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

This has got a very similar feel to our first home match against Accies last season. 

Both teams came barrelling out the traps with 7 wins and a draw from their opening 8 games. Big expectant crowd (from us anyway, lol @ Hamilton and their 300 fans) and it was the most dull 0-0 draw you ever did see.

Both Ayr and ourselves missing plenty of players through injury. Wouldn't be surprised if this becomes a bit of a damp squib with two teams trying to figure each other out and happy to share the points 

TBH if you gave me a 0-0 just now I'd take it but his team just seems to have a Knack of pushing out a result even when the odds are against us, we could easily have lost v Raith in the CC, Hamilton Partick at home and Dunfermline away it helps when you have that born winner in the dug out.

Quite a few folks saying they'd be happy with a draw. Given we are at home and how good our record is at home I am really looking for and expecting a win here. I'd be happy with an away draw to a very decent Ayr, but not at home. Both teams have injuries so that should level things out.

As much as McIver is a massive miss, I tend to agree with a poster in our thread that we still have plenty of goals across the team and still create loads of chances. I think Raith was just a game too far and we were flat, I don't think that will be the case on Saturday.

Very unlike us in recent times, but we've lost to Celtic, Raith and Stenny (on pens tho) in our last 4 games so for a confidence boost and get things back on our usual winning track we really could do with a win here. I really hope we score first to get the crowd and players going. If we go behind we've seen how teams play to run the clock down, very frustrating to watch.

Another game I'm really looking forward to.

3 hours ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Ayr have had 89 shots (50 on target) and Falkirk 53 (28) so far in the league so what's the chances of 0-0?

We've had 75 shots in 6 games. If Ayr have only managed 89 from two extra games that's probably still above the league average but doesnt really scream goalfest tbh 

6 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

We've had 75 shots in 6 games. If Ayr have only managed 89 from two extra games that's probably still above the league average but doesnt really scream goalfest tbh 

Figures are from the BBC.  Other sources might be different, as they might also be for us. The point is, both teams get a fair load of shots in, your game with Raith aside, so it'll likely end up 0-0.

25 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Figures are from the BBC.  Other sources might be different, as they might also be for us. The point is, both teams get a fair load of shots in, your game with Raith aside, so it'll likely end up 0-0.

I think you may have missed our 22 shots v Airdrie?

Bonus for Saturday is that at least nisbett and miller  should both be fit to start which is a big boost. Graham has also now got a game under his belt so we should be in a far better position than last week. Should be an excellent home crowd so I'm quietly confident we will do ok. Would be a massive boost to see Callumn on the bench too. A draw a win and two defeats in our last 4 games but don't think that has much influence on this game as all have been away from home.