Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People who talk about themselves in the third person to their children.

I only refer to myself as daddy when talking to my boy. Hes learning words and i want him to associate me with the word.

It seems to work. His first word was daddy...

People who talk about themselves in the third person to their children.

I see that and raise you: people who refer to their partners as mum and dad respectively.

Eg.:-

Mum: "Would you like salt on your dinner dad?"

Dad: "Yes please mum".

Megacringe! I used to go to a friend's house when I was at primary school and his parents spent the whole time speaking like this. Awful.

I only refer to myself as daddy when talking to my boy. Hes learning words and i want him to associate me with the word.

It seems to work. His first word was daddy...

That's acceptable IMO. If they're toddlers and can't communicate other than babbling, I see nothing wrong with that.

It's my PTTGOYN because I'm sitting across from a mother and daughter on the train, the daughter can't be any younger than 7 or 8, and the maw's still sitting there going "mummy was very tired this morning and mummy nearly missed the bus" etc.

I see that and raise you: people who refer to their partners as mum and dad respectively.

Megacringe! I used to go to a friend's house when I was at primary school and his parents spent the whole time speaking like this. Awful.

Deary me. I like how you "used to" go to this friend's house, you're definitely better off distancing yourself from these weirdos.

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'd like to think they continued this sort of chat into the bedroom.

"Daddy"

"Yes Mummy"

"Don't get any in my hair daddy, I've just had it done"

The wean's always flat-out refused to call me dad, presumably out of understandable shame. He started out calling me Gay, which I like to assume was his baby talk version of Dave, and not some preternatural prescience.

My other half's folks still do this when we go around, and she's 30. Almost convinced that they call themselves this all the time.

Think I've managed to go almost a decade without addressing either of them by their forenames too (not that I call them Mr or Mrs anything).

35 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Bought new referee kit for the new season, wore my black top for the first time last night, put it through the wash and the machine has shredded it up emoji24.png £45 wasted.

w****r