Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just now, 8MileBU said:

^^^This.

Through in Edinburgh at the Festival this morning. Some folk are just utterly horrendous. Fucking no shame in barging into little kids either.

At least you get to go home. I've got to suffer it for the whole three months.

(Yes, I know it's only four weeks but it seems longer.)

Pedestrian crosses mostly on dual carriageways where you press for the green man to come then when you get to the middle of the road you need to wait and press another button to stop the traffic coming in the other direction.

Do they think people only have half the road to cross? It takes 5-10 seconds to cross the full road, just let me do it rather than make it a 2 minute experience that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Just had a very disappointing Chinese - usually go with the same place but decided I wanted to get something a bit different and it was absolutely dreadful. Ordered salt and chilli chips which are usually great from the place I usually get but these just tasted like oven chips and had some sort of seasoning thrown over them that resembled chilli. the chicken pieces for the main tasted like microwave food. They even managed to f**k the rice up! Absolutely dreadful, I'm going to write them a negative comment whilst it's fresh in the memory:

Yu wa?

Went into WH Smiths in Central Station to get a packet of mints for the game today, and the guy behind the counter asked me "would you like a packet of sweets for £1?". Surely if I wanted a packet of sweets, I would have picked them up and paid for them with my mints rather than you offering them to me.

34 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Went into WH Smiths in Central Station to get a packet of mints for the game today, and the guy behind the counter asked me "would you like a packet of sweets for £1?". Surely if I wanted a packet of sweets, I would have picked them up and paid for them with my mints rather than you offering them to me.

That's been standard in Smiff's for a decade, at least. They've always got some overstock chocolate they're trying to hawk cheaply at the counter.

When I say 'cheaply', I mean 'less expensive than normal'.

40 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

The Sweeny (2012)

It is fucking garbage.

I saw a copy of an apparent sequel at a branch of CEX the other day. Had I but known, that would have been another Christmas present done  :(

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I saw a copy of an apparent sequel at a branch of CEX the other day. Had I but known, that would have been another Christmas present done  :(

The best bit of the film must have been by association of the fat man's appearance on Top Gear.

51 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

You know how to live!

Gumtree morons.

Advertised my old amplifier, for a frankly bargain price of £60 with strictly no offers in hope of a quick sale.

The guy let me know he was coming from about an hour away and would be here around 8. Turned up at quarter to 9. He then offered me a fiver less than I had asked for, I refused. He left without the amplifier to embark on his 40 mile drive back to Greenock.

Absolutely bizarre.