Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

A club's fans hurling sectarian abuse around on the telly - not a peep.
Somebody says 'f**k' in the area around a microphone - "oh, I'm dreadfully sorry if anyone was offended by the language you just heard"

f**k off.

I don't get the next shopper wedge thing, hardly anyone remembers. I just put one down when there's space to start loading, it's obvious to the person behind when you're finished. Worst supermarket trauma I had was fully loaded up on the conveyor belt when simultaneously the shopper in front says she left her purse in the car and my Dad said he needs the loo pronto. No choice so we told the cashier and went to find the bogs. Got back to find the cashier relaxing with a magazine and doing a crossword and a huge irate queue backed up behind our stuff. She gave me a mischievous wink.

Just now, supermik said:

:o I am offended by that

modz pleeze

:P

I can only apologise for any offence that may have been caused by my thoughtless expletive.

Unless you're from my hated group of choice, in which case, ha ha we killed your ancestors/will kill you  :P

11 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

A club's fans hurling sectarian abuse around on the telly - not a peep.
Somebody says 'f**k' in the area around a microphone - "oh, I'm dreadfully sorry if anyone was offended by the language you just heard"

f**k off.

I'm dreadfully sorry if anyone was offended reading this post.

4 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Getting stuck behind someone having an absolute shocker on the self service machine.

Scientists are apparently using the ones in Tesco Metro near  my work to carry out stem cell transplantation, so I don't like to complain. I just wait my turn patiently knowing I will  have played my part in curing cancer.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

When we decide to get a takeaway, and it either gets delivered or collected by myself, and at that moment the wife decides she has some important (unimportant) housework needing done while the relatively expensive dinner sits there getting cold.

Seethe.

Why don't you just eat yours and let her get on with it?

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

When we decide to get a takeaway, and it either gets delivered or collected by myself, and at that moment the wife decides she has some important (unimportant) housework needing done while the relatively expensive dinner sits there getting cold.

Seethe.

Mine finds that when you've left leaving to go somewhere until the last possible moment, and I'm sitting waiting in the car with the kids, as the most opportune time to to a bit of housework.

47 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Mine finds that when you've left leaving to go somewhere until the last possible moment, and I'm sitting waiting in the car with the kids, as the most opportune time to to a bit of housework.

Leave her behind. She can get the bus.

Yankees clothing everywhere. I saw a man wearing a Mets cap today and got chatting to him about the game last night (which I had happened to catch) and was pleased to find that he was a) wearing a cap of a team other than the Yankees, and b) unlike most of the aforementioned actually seemed to like baseball.

I've seen on the news that some young guy from Australia is being made out to be some sort of hero for flying around the world in a single engine plane.

An impressive feat perhaps, if it hadn't taken him 2 months and something like 25 stops. Now it just sounds like an average Ryanair flight.

I've seen on the news that some young guy from Australia is being made out to be some sort of hero for flying around the world in a single engine plane.

An impressive feat perhaps, if it hadn't taken him 2 months and something like 25 stops. Now it just sounds like an average Ryanair flight.

Tbf Australia have very little else to celebrate.