Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Give her her due, 2016 has been a bit of a shanner. David Bowie, wee Ronnie Corbett, Cue Card pumping me (twice!) Alan Rickman, Arnold Palmer, my cat Bentley dying, Prince, George Michael, Europe losing the Ryder Cup, my marriage going down the shitter, Caroline Aherne, the fact that Phil Taylor is still alive, my ceiling collapsing, Brexit, my Maw and Da basically abandoning me by moving 400 miles away (or something like that...) Donald Trump, and Clyde still can't seem to get out of the basement league.

Only glad Kauto died last year or I might have hanged myself.

So aye, here's to a better 2017. After this year, my resolution is to be alive, nothing more

f**k off. Bentley was my cat. 

16 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

People who write shit on Facebook like 'please 2016 just stop' when some celeb croaks.

imagine if the likes of Twitter had been around 100 years ago;

TSAR NICOLAS II @the_tsar "What a terrible year 1916 has been, but I'm sure 1917 will be better for me"... *

*ok smartasses, so he would have tweeted in Russian... 

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

imagine if the likes of Twitter had been around 100 years ago;

TSAR NICOLAS II @the_tsar "What a terrible year 1916 has been, but I'm sure 1917 will be better for me"... *

*ok smartasses, so he would have tweeted in Russian... 

The excellent More or Less on 2016 deaths:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08504ln

10 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Also, the blue recycling bins the council provide just aren't a sufficient size for the volume of cardboard and plastic waste generated at Christmas!  :wacko:

Aye, but your brown bin should be empty, I just stash things in there and gradually filter them into the blue bin over the next couple of weeks.

I also have a 'friend' who takes most of his wrapping paper and packaging to his work in the boot of his car, and fires it into the industrial-sized bins outside, if the canteen staff aren't looking.

8 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

As King Solomon would say, 'cut the fucking thing in half'

Still one of the sickest things I've ever seen - while driving through rural Lancashire there was a big field full of wee lambs gambolling about. Unfortunately, there was also a big f**k-off sign in the corner of  the field saying: "LAMBS AND HALF LAMBS FOR SALE"

I just pictured one of them dragging itself around the field by its front paws 'cos somebody only fancied a half-lamb that day.

Edited by Hillonearth

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Aye, but your brown bin should be empty, I just stash things in there and gradually filter them into the blue bin over the next couple of weeks.

I also have a 'friend' who takes most of his wrapping paper and packaging to his work in the boot of his car, and fires it into the industrial-sized bins outside, if the canteen staff aren't looking.

Good tips, but ahead of you! The brown bin has already been used to store the black bags full of wrapping paper from Christmas Day. Can't really take any to my work as the building is occupied 365 days, and the security cameras cover the whole car park, bin and loading areas. Plus it's in Edinburgh, so think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet, load up the car and go join the no doubt huge queue at the local tip.:thumbsdown

The chav-tastic midden of a mother next door has her utterly horseshit dance music for morons on again...

Hopefully they're having folk round for a bevvy tonight because they're getting a dose of brutal thrash metal through the wall first thing tomorrow morning.

*Repositions speakers and woofer*