Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Three different times I've used self-service checkouts today, three times I've been due to receive exactly 50p in change, and three times they've given it to me in two 20p and two 5p pieces. In three different stores.

c***s.

3 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

Three different times I've used self-service checkouts today, three times I've been due to receive exactly 50p in change, and three times they've given it to me in two 20p and two 5p pieces. In three different stores.

c***s.

Once fed in all my shite to one of these machines hoping when it realised I'd overpaid I'd get the biggest coin back.

I most certainly did not.

I actually got worse than what I could ever have imagined. It was as if it was looking for a sucker to give all its 5p too.

My ongoing Doncaster adventures. Pub for food.

A group of local Troglodytes appear and the following is shouted as the spread across bar,

Trog 1 - Wayne, Wayne want a pint of Fosters?

Trog 2 - NO

Trog 1 - What you want?

Trog 2 - Anything but Carling.

I'd buy him a Guinness

1 hour ago, MEADOWXI said:

My ongoing Doncaster adventures. Pub for food.

A group of local Troglodytes appear and the following is shouted as the spread across bar,

Trog 1 - Wayne, Wayne want a pint of Fosters?

Trog 2 - NO

Trog 1 - What you want?

Trog 2 - Anything but Carling.

I'd buy him a Guinness

Come back wi a babycham

1 hour ago, AMMjag said:

c***s.

Perhaps you should have used the change you got the first time and you wouldn't have had these ongoing problems.

Perhaps you should have used the change you got the first time and you wouldn't have had these ongoing problems.

Or bought all he needed on the first trip? Who the f**k goes to the supermarket three times in one day? It's an absolute ball ache going shopping, why would you put yourself through that on three separate occasions in one day?

I once tried to buy a Glasgow Underground ticket from the machine with 5p pieces. I got right up to the 2nd last coin and the machine must have timed out 'cause it chucked them all back out again.
I was unemployed at the time and had nothing better to do that day.

A fucked sleep pattern.  Awake since two and alarm due at 0630.  Guarantee to fall asleep circa 0615.

Likewise, was nightshift all last week and can't get out of the nightshift mode. Managed a full 90 minutes of sleep last night.... Today should be fun!

I'm being plagued by unclear technology. In my car and also on a website I use for work there are millions of settings that you swipe or highlight to be on or off. Simple enough, yet how are you meant to know if highlighted red means on or off? Or if white, or yellow? A simple thumb up or down or tick/x would be unambiguous.