Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Had a memorable one last year where I had three pints of Staropramen and was a mess the next day. Out again the following week on a big stag weekend and no problem in the slightest.

I think I had 5 pints of Estrella last night and up until an hour or so ago, if you had offered me the sweet embrace of death, I'd have gladly taken it 

Just now, KnightswoodBear said:

I think I had 5 pints of Estrella last night and up until an hour or so ago, if you had offered me the sweet embrace of death, I'd have gladly taken it 

Man up and get a beer in you

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I was out pottering about in the garden and the thought has crossed my mind.  Think i need to drive later, unfortunately.

Amateur. Have a drink now. When she asks you to drive later "aw, I've had a drink". Then, as you're not driving, you may as well have a drink. 

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

If you're able to think about having a beer without being sick, you're not that hungover. Utter nonsense when people suggest hair of the dog for a genuine hangover, it's impossible.

^^^Lightweight.

1 hour ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

Amateur. Have a drink now. When she asks you to drive later "aw, I've had a drink". Then, as you're not driving, you may as well have a drink. 

Having a pint now.

36 minutes ago, philpy said:

@knightswoodbear pull your skirt up and get the f**k on with it.

Do you not have a massive rammy to get back to?

10 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

:lol: That totally reminded of the way me and my brothers used to remind our kids how bad things were back in the 70;s. Fighting for a mouldy slice of bread that you could make fried bread on the frying pan and tasted of some bacon if you were lucky.

Kids these days don't even know how good they have it. <_<

20 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Pubs, usually the more expensive poncey ones, that don't serve their spirits from optics but decant them into silver measuring devices. A completely pointless exercise and a waste of time. Fair enough, every whisky can't be in a optic, but come on...  

Same in clubs, where it is normally done to allow their arrogant staff to pretend they are cocktail barstaff, thus holding the bottles in ways that will only result in broken fingers or dropped bottles.

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Did anyone request that she moved it so they could sitdown?

It was more a walk past, see her bags and tut.

I had a seat so I wasn't about to cause the required scene.

I did get annoyed that she seemed oblivious to the many folk standing and never once moved her bags.

Driving back up the road from Dumfries yesterday when between Amisfield and Parkgate a black VW heading towards Dumfries tossed a whole lot of coke cans and food bags out the car.

In the unlikely event that anyone knows these people tell them that they are the lowest of the low.

I once saw a guy drop an empty crisp packet out of his car window while he was waiting at the traffic lights. I handed it back to him and said, "Here, mate, you dropped this!"

To be honest I'm not sure what I would have done if he got out of the car but fortunately the lights changed and he had to drive away. (And yes, he probably threw the packet out of the window again but I felt I'd made my point.)