Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

8 hours ago, Jambomo said:

People who care about how I spend my money.

Everyday I buy myself a coffee from the cafe near where I work rather than have the coffee in here because I prefer it. My workmate was asking me why I would do that and spend £3 everyday (its not £3, its £2.70 but what's 30p between friends) and how its such a waste of money.

What the f**k has it got to do with her? If I'm happy to spend £2.70 on coffee everyday, then that's my fucking business.

Buy two on monday and throw one in the bint's eyes when you get in.

14 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Pixies, Buzzcocks, Manic Street Preachers, Happy Mondays and Editors as well. 

Apparently Tom from Editors gets quite upset by use of "The".

I always find it jarring when I see old archive footage of 60s bands being introduced - everything seems to have been prefaced by the definite article back then: The Pink Floyd, The Cream, The Buffalo Springfield and so on.

2 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

I always find it jarring when I see old archive footage of 60s bands being introduced - everything seems to have been prefaced by the definite article back then: The Pink Floyd, The Cream, The Buffalo Springfield and so on.

A dreadful trend IMO.

James Corden... He's as funny as a kick in the baws. The only thing I have laughed at that was connected to James Corden was Frankie Boyle on Nevermind the Buzzcocks "Delivering bad news such as, I'm sorry Mrs Corden, you can't have a termination, he's 31" [emoji38] 
This Comic Relief is fuckin pish, I'm just sitting here waiting to see how long it takes before she picks up her phone and donates something... completely forgetting that I pay the phone bills :whistle
Quite looking forward to the Love Actually thing though! 

I despise corden - but a few years ago he did an outstanding clip for comic relief with George Michael in the car. The round the table scene with various celebrities taking the piss out of themselves was genuinely funny.

5 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Websites that have a drop down list I need to pick an option from which loads every option at once rather than first allowing me a chance to refine the search. Fine if you're picking from, say, ten. Not if it tries to load a link for every university in the known universe

Security check which I have to do for work - despite drop down list like a roll of wallpaper, refuses to acknowledge that Ayrshire, East Ayrshire, North Ayrshie, South Ayrshire, West Ayrshire (getting desperate now...) or Strathclyde exist. This means that Irvine (My place of birth) has had to be relocated - to Clywd, Shropshire and East Lothian. Hey, they started it...

I have not currently been locked up under the AT Act, so a cynical person might assume less scrutiny is given to these forms (which take over an hour to complete) than one might think.

Then again, I am white, and not from Kent.

EasyJet have now taken to tannoy announcements on their flights with a short speech about starving children in East Africa followed by a fucking whip round. How about you give them your shite decay-defying sandwiches and £2 bottles of water instead you fucks.

15 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Security check which I have to do for work - despite drop down list like a roll of wallpaper, refuses to acknowledge that Ayrshire, East Ayrshire, North Ayrshie, South Ayrshire, West Ayrshire (getting desperate now...) or Strathclyde exist. This means that Irvine (My place of birth) has had to be relocated - to Clywd, Shropshire and East Lothian. Hey, they started it...

I have not currently been locked up under the AT Act, so a cynical person might assume less scrutiny is given to these forms (which take over an hour to complete) than one might think.

Then again, I am white, and not from Kent.

:lol:

Could be worse, you could have every population centre of at least 500 loading at once.

15 minutes ago, Johnny Däpp said:

I have this problem too now and it fucks me off. I have just finished a 13 day stretch at work which included 3 days in Wales and 5 days in the Czech Republic. Absolutely shattered and with tomorrow being my first day off, it's a dead cert lll wake at 8 and not be able to go back to sleep again :-(

Read this post again. It'll knock you right out.

I've lost the ability to lie in, guaranteed to be up at 8 tomorrow when ideally I'd be in bed until about 11.

I think this is a side-effect of parenthood. f**k knows the last time I slept beyond about 8:30am. Even on the rare occasion I'm out on the piss and stagger in at 3am, I'm a safe bet to have a poxy 4 hour snooze and wake up even earlier than I normally would.

It's a body clock thing, miley. I'm up at 5.40 am every weekday, but even if I'm off, I'll still wake up at that time, even with my alarm switched off. Try as I might, I can never get back to sleep.

27 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I think this is a side-effect of parenthood. f**k knows the last time I slept beyond about 8:30am. Even on the rare occasion I'm out on the piss and stagger in at 3am, I'm a safe bet to have a poxy 4 hour snooze and wake up even earlier than I normally would.

I can only dream of sleeping until 5am thanks to this wee p***k. At least in another week we can go out for walks/runs in the morning.

IMG_2381.JPG

8 hours ago, Aidan said:

The fact that I forgot there's 31 days in March, and expected to be paid today

Never understood this fascination of payday, The whole fuss around the exact day your pay hits your bank account. It'll comes in one day or another. "AYE!!! payday tomorrow!!, what you going to do with it?" . What do you do when you get it?? spend it all like an out of control junkie?

Edited by red23

Never understood this fascination of payday, The whole fuss around the exact day your pay hits your bank account. It'll comes in one day or another. "AYE!!! payday tomorrow!!, what you going to do with it?" . What do you do when you get it?? spend it all like an out of control junkie?

No. I pay what I need to, put a bit into my savings and then spread the rest out across the month for going out, takeaways, football etc. The problem is, I thought today was the last Friday of the month so I've left myself short. Not the biggest disaster in the world, just something which is a bit petty and happened to get on my nerves when I realised.