Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The phrase "street food". 
I ordered meal in Bar Soba last week. It was brought to me on a real plate with a metal knife and fork. It was brought to me by a waitress. I paid £11 for it. At no point during the transaction was either the cook, the food, the server or I ever outside. So why the f**k do they call it street food?

Bar Soba is shite for Thai food, and everything in general tbh, should try Thaikhun, their pork dish is absolutely outstanding.

Either that or stop being a pretentious arsehole and go for a kebab/chips and cheese like normal people.

12 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

The missus is watching something called 'Made In Chelsea'...

Would like to set fire to every c**t on it. Just awful.

Do you know anyone with a track record in fire-raising you could have a word with?

My company relies on the most horrific fiddly application ever for submitting expenses. I get a warning that there's no receipt attached, so I attach a receipt. I get a new warning saying that there's a receipt attached but I haven't declared "receipt attached"

f**k off

My company relies on the most horrific fiddly application ever for submitting expenses. I get a warning that there's no receipt attached, so I attach a receipt. I get a new warning saying that there's a receipt attached but I haven't declared "receipt attached"

f**k off

Ouch. We never had an app before the turn of the year and I think ours is great, take a picture, say what it is and then when back in the office you just submit it formally. Saves a mountain of receipts piling up in my wallet like before.

I can't seem to copy and paste the link, which in itself is annoying but there is a story about a 21 year old man finding a maggot in his Easter egg in Dumfries and Galloway. The article says he opened it 7th of March, which is a full month before Easter Sunday! Also he is a 21 year old man eating an Easter egg

16 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

f**k off

Is it Concur by any chance? My company has switched to that in the last couple of years and you need to attach every receipt for every meal etc individually and say what it was how much your claiming etc. If you're away for a couple of weeks it takes a full morning to put your expenses in.

The trend for holes ripped in knees of jeans reached a new low today when out at lunch and I saw a guy walking about Glasgow with jobby catcher joggy's with holes ripped in the knees. 

Also on way back to the office saw a guy in formal trousers that were too short, formal shoes and no socks.

Stay classy Glasgow.

Is it Concur by any chance? My company has switched to that in the last couple of years and you need to attach every receipt for every meal etc individually and say what it was how much your claiming etc. If you're away for a couple of weeks it takes a full morning to put your expenses in.

It is Concur, aye. I use a company credit card so i have to wait 3-4 days for transactions to appear in it before filling in the blanks.

I've got 2 weeks worth of flights, hotels, trains and food to sort out for myself and a colleague. Halfway through after about an hour.

7 minutes ago, Cille Mhernaig said:

The trend for holes ripped in knees of jeans reached a new low today when out at lunch and I saw a guy walking about Glasgow with jobby catcher joggy's with holes ripped in the knees. 

Also on way back to the office saw a guy in formal trousers that were too short, formal shoes and no socks.

Stay classy Glasgow.

You'll know it's touched bottom (no Kenneth Williams pics, please) when you see a guy in formal trousers with holes in the knees.

3 minutes ago, GordonD said:

You'll know it's touched bottom (no Kenneth Williams pics, please) when you see a guy in formal trousers with holes in the knees.

a4024316cb4837a14e8b456117a326cd.jpg

The Flash advert with the dog.  The singing dog itself, although particularly annoying, isn't actually the specific PTTGOYN here.  It's the 'it works miracles' part as she wipes mud off the bath.  Yes, mud, the stuff that you can easily wipe off of bathroom ceramics using that miraculous compound known as 'water'.

12 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

The Flash advert with the dog.  The singing dog itself, although particularly annoying, isn't actually the specific PTTGOYN here.  It's the 'it works miracles' part as she wipes mud off the bath.  Yes, mud, the stuff that you can easily wipe off of bathroom ceramics using that miraculous compound known as 'water'.

Go to the Pish Adverts thread in the TV section. Let the hate flow through you.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Age. Currently sitting off as one of 3 late 20 to 30 somethings playing squash. Excessive tiredness, DOMS, tennis elbow, some sort of nerve pain in my arse and what feels like the beginning of shin splints all make the top 5 current ailments. 5 years ago I would have had none of them.

Are you sitting on your racquet?