Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

24 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

People who say socket when they mean plug and vice versa. I'd like to show these c***s what's what while I'm plugging in their electric chair.

Surely you mean socketing in their electric chair?

Folk that lose any sense of awareness on entering a car park.

Watched a woman get out of her car and walk right in front of a 4x4 this morning, with absolutely no idea how close she was to getting run over.

Would have served the daft boot right.

2 minutes ago, deej said:

Folk that lose any sense of awareness on entering a car park.

Watched a woman get out of her car and walk right in front of a 4x4 this morning, with absolutely no idea how close she was to getting run over.

Would have served the daft boot right.

People seem to think car parks aren't roads and people have the right away. Ones like Aldi and Lidl you kinda expect it but when people are in a big supermarket car park with pavements, zebra crossings and all sorts but just walk down the middle of the road with their trolley anyway they deserve to get run down.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

People who call a 'Stag Do' a 'Stag Doo'. Moronic.

Also people who call the office printer a photocopier. It has a scan function, yes, but it's not a photocopier.

Equally annoying is just because you sit near a machine, you're automatically an expert.

I sit beside one of my work's printer/copier/scanner things, and I get asked multiple times every day how to scan/clear a jam/restock paper etc. I just grunt "don't know" but I still get asked, even by people who have asked me multiple times in the past.

KLM flight earlier with all the announcements in both Dutch & English. Dutch captain then tells the all-Dutch cabin crew to take their seats... in English.

Better than (what's currently) a 6hr delay on the connecting flight after fuel pissed all over the runway from the plane we were on I suppose.

8 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

KLM flight earlier with all the announcements in both Dutch & English. Dutch captain then tells the all-Dutch cabin crew to take their seats... in English.

Better than (what's currently) a 6hr delay on the connecting flight after fuel pissed all over the runway from the plane we were on I suppose.

Pretty sure all communications Worldwide on commercial aircraft have to be done in English. 

Just setting off from Waverley, & my seat is right in the middle of a hen party.

Whats wrong with that? You may ask.

The hen party seems to entirely consist of the sorts who only go to a pub on the last Friday before Xmas.

"ohh, we have enough prosecco for 1 bottle between 2!" is the cringiest comment so far.

Not even any wids among them.

Just now, Boghead ranter said:

Just setting off from Waverley, & my seat is right in the middle of a hen party.

Whats wrong with that? You may ask.

The hen party seems to entirely consist of the sorts who only go to a pub on the last Friday before Xmas.

"ohh, we have enough prosecco for 1 bottle between 2!" is the cringiest comment so far.

Not even any wids among them.

There's only solution; drink until they're hot.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I remember getting the train from Geneva airport to the centre of town which isn't far. By the time they'd read out a welcome, what service it was and where the next stop was in German, French, Italian, Romansch and English we were near enough there.

I've seen numerous posters dotted around for "Glasgow European Championships 2018"

None of these posters detail what they are the European Championships of. I saw one on the subway yesterday that said "6 sports" on it as well and most of them seem to have someone in a wheelchair, so I'm assuming it's some sort of disabled sports thing. But as advertising goes, whether it's a ploy to make you look it up in your own time or the ineptitude of whoever made the posters, oh, it's annoying.

20 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I've seen numerous posters dotted around for "Glasgow European Championships 2018"

None of these posters detail what they are the European Championships of. I saw one on the subway yesterday that said "6 sports" on it as well and most of them seem to have someone in a wheelchair, so I'm assuming it's some sort of disabled sports thing. But as advertising goes, whether it's a ploy to make you look it up in your own time or the ineptitude of whoever made the posters, oh, it's annoying.

Search is on to find army of volunteers to be the face of the Glasgow 2018 European Championships