Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I don't know what I've missed here but "jorts" sound like jogging trouser material shorts? Am I right? Summer wear for slobs?

Read the last few pages of the taps aff thread. I was fairly up against it but managed to dig my way out.

Read the last few pages of the taps aff thread. I was fairly up against it but managed to dig my way out.

Dear God throbber. You dress like someone who has been unexpectedly soaked and then handed some random clothes by a Good Samaritan.

When letting agents leave a big sign up in front of your front door saying property to let and then when the property gets a tenant, rather than take the fucking sign down they just add a note at the bottom of the sign saying "Now let". Arseholes. 

The phrase "street food". 

I ordered meal in Bar Soba last week. It was brought to me on a real plate with a metal knife and fork. It was brought to me by a waitress. I paid £11 for it. At no point during the transaction was either the cook, the food, the server or I ever outside. So why the f**k do they call it street food?

8 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

The phrase "street food". 

I ordered meal in Bar Soba last week. It was brought to me on a real plate with a metal knife and fork. It was brought to me by a waitress. I paid £11 for it. At no point during the transaction was either the cook, the food, the server or I ever outside. So why the f**k do they call it street food?

I doubt anyone on here could answer that but, in all seriousness, you should write to Bar Soba asking that question in exactly the same way then show their response on here.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I doubt anyone on here could answer that but, in all seriousness, you should write to Bar Soba asking that question in exactly the same way then show their response on here.

I would but I'm too much of a shite bag and would rather just moan about it here :)

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This is what they say on their website

The Street Food artists of South East Asia’s bustling night markets are our food heroes. That’s why our new Menu pays homage to them! We take authentic street food dishes and the finest produce and scratch-make every element in our own kitchen, creating some culinary remixes. 

So in theory, they're merely replicating it

For a more authentic experience, take your plate outside and sit on the pavement whilst eating it

1 minute ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I would but I'm too much of a shite bag and would rather just moan about it here :)

Pity.  I reckon their response would be either:

a) ignore you;

b) own up and say "yeah it's a stupid thing to do"; or

c) come up with some really ridiculous 'justification' that we could all laugh at.

Final update on Doncaster.

Had a last pint in Doncaster ( well ok three. 2 of Leeds Pale then on to the closest pub to station),

Railway Tavern in Doncaster for a pint of Timothy Taylor bitter - £2.90

Edinburgh Waverley and breaking journey north.

Pint of Estrella - £4.85,

And not a fucking mask in sight amongst the bar staff.

Doncaster may be a shitehole. On the 30min walk from course venue to station I may have seen

6 people in doorways in sleeping bags.

1 passed out junkie, with his pal smoking crack beside him

4 people begging

On High St and main roads

And it a shitehole.....

But I can afford to drink there.