Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

41 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Pleased to say we recently got a 40ish year old microwave fixed by Duncans in Inverness for not very much, they said it's still better quality than the new ones.

Might be something to this. We picked up a used one when we were broke about fifteen years ago, and it has a sale sticker on the back dated 1985. Still works a treat, so long as you double the times you'd use for a modern microwave. The LCD died on it earlier this year, so there's a certain amount of guesswork involved now, but I'm kinda curious how long it can keep going.

Bizarre to think that it was born into a world where neither Celtic nor Rangers were champions of Scotland  :unsure:

9 minutes ago, resk said:

Has any microwave ever actually stopped working ever? They just get auld and dirty and folk chuck them out.

I bought one a few years back, think it was around £50. The salesgirl tried to sell me an extended warranty that would have cost about £45 and she couldn't understand when I refused and told her that if the machine broke down then I would just buy a new one

I bought one a few years back, think it was around £50. The salesgirl tried to sell me an extended warranty that would have cost about £45 and she couldn't understand when I refused and told her that if the machine broke down then I would just buy a new one

Jesus. An extended warranty on a fucking microwave would surely be the ultimate Stupidity Tax.

On Thursday, August 03, 2017 at 19:40, Shandon Par said:

Walking over the Forth Bridge in a onesie seems a popular charity raiser. I'd give them more money if they stuck their head in a vice and tightened it until their head went "pop". 

It's the way they all give it the "we're raising awareness for x charity" really? What awareness is that? Please tell me more about their groundbreaking research. 

13 hours ago, throbber said:

I have a slim line dishwasher that was worth £400. It is integrated as well and looks cool as f**k. Definitely one of the best things in my life and has been ever since i bought the place.

It's the only thing that's slim in your house.

Has any microwave ever actually stopped working ever? They just get auld and dirty and folk chuck them out.

We just got a brand new micro and was making bramble jam the The other day I had the smart idea of sterilising the glass jars in the baby's microwave steriliser. I totally forgot the no metal rule and put the lids in too.
Came back to a smoke filled kitchen and a microwave full of broken glass.