Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

Gave the laptop keyboard a quick clean because it was getting a bit klarty. Now the letter p doesn't work. It's used in my password so I'm locked out.

That's a ure roper isser btw...

Edited by IainMorton

The Dominos "order now for half time" advert before a live game on Sky is about to kick off. Dunno about anywhere else, but the Dominos near me take about 20 minutes to deliver. Who wants a pizza delivered half way through the first half?

It's probably arriving so quickly because no one else is ordering. Overpriced shite.

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Aye, but she has her own computer.

If she's got our IP address on some kind of watch list, I'll...well, probably have a cheek to complain, let's be honest.

She's using your computer for her dodgy business, Dave.

I sort of hate health crusaders and advocates of sugar taxes etc. I keep a relatively healthy diet and I'm fairly careful with what I eat, as its my choice to be healthy and maximise my chances of living longer and reducing my chances of getting diseases that poor diet and lack of exercise can lead to. But that's my choice. I get that it can be a strain on the NHS but if people want to eat sugar all day then just let them. These taxes do nothing but squeeze the less wealthy more (as a higher proportion of wage goes towards food than the rich) and it rarely seems to be successful. Everyone knows that a healthy diet is the best way to live longer and be healthier. We have the information, why can't we just be left to use that information the way we see fit?

1 minute ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I sort of hate health crusaders and advocates of sugar taxes etc. I keep a relatively healthy diet and I'm fairly careful with what I eat, as its my choice to be healthy and maximise my chances of living longer and reducing my chances of getting diseases that poor diet and lack of exercise can lead to. But that's my choice. I get that it can be a strain on the NHS but if people want to eat sugar all day then just let them. These taxes do nothing but squeeze the less wealthy more (as a higher proportion of wage goes towards food than the rich) and it rarely seems to be successful. Everyone knows that a healthy diet is the best way to live longer and be healthier. We have the information, why can't we just be left to use that information the way we see fit?

I want to see your original birth certificate with the date of birth clearly legible please.

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Gave the laptop keyboard a quick clean because it was getting a bit klarty. Now the letter p doesn't work. It's used in my password so I'm locked out.

But the A, S, W, O, R and D are okay, right?

4 hours ago, IainMorton said:

The Dominos "order now for half time" advert before a live game on Sky is about to kick off. Dunno about anywhere else, but the Dominos near me take about 20 minutes to deliver. Who wants a pizza delivered half way through the first half?

The Chicago town takeaway frozen pizzas are superior and 1/4 The price.

Although you do have to heat them yourself.

Folk that only ever broadcast winning bets. Used to be in a whatsapp group with a guy who would do it but in his defence he would sometimes show near misses. I'm in a new group chat with guys I play 6 a side with and one of them is notorious for this.

I've no issue with folk showing their wins but this one acts as if he's some kind of tipster. It doesn't help when some of the morons big up his ego and have suggested he creates a tipster page! A few of them put their slips for today on the chat and no surprise 'the tipster' has failed to show everyone what he's betting on. If he showed his bets beforehand then I'd maybe be impressed but folk who only ever show winning bets and who are smug with it always make me wonder how much they're really losing.

(The Win Counter topic on here doesn't bother me though)

Disagree. If we went down that road we'd have to stop taxing fags too.

Experience shows that different people respond to different things.
The "carrot" of education about a better, longer, life may work for some people.

The "stick" of paying higher taxes, might work on other people.

The evidence to date is that not taxing these things heavily certainly hasn't helped.

12 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

No offence but you are incredibly boring.

6 hours ago, milton75 said:

Disagree. If we went down that road we'd have to stop taxing fags too.

Experience shows that different people respond to different things.
The "carrot" of education about a better, longer, life may work for some people.

The "stick" of paying higher taxes, might work on other people.

The evidence to date is that not taxing these things heavily certainly hasn't helped.

Taxation is used when Govt/authorities have tried all the carrot stuff they can, yet the public still wants to do the stuff that's supposedly/actually bad for them.

Govt then decide "f**k it, if we can't stop them doing it, at least let's make money out of it".

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Folk that only ever broadcast winning bets. Used to be in a whatsapp group with a guy who would do it but in his defence he would sometimes show near misses. I'm in a new group chat with guys I play 6 a side with and one of them is notorious for this.

I've no issue with folk showing their wins but this one acts as if he's some kind of tipster. It doesn't help when some of the morons big up his ego and have suggested he creates a tipster page! A few of them put their slips for today on the chat and no surprise 'the tipster' has failed to show everyone what he's betting on. If he showed his bets beforehand then I'd maybe be impressed but folk who only ever show winning bets and who are smug with it always make me wonder how much they're really losing.

(The Win Counter topic on here doesn't bother me though)

A little part of me dies inside every time there's a new post on Win Counter. Unless it's mine of course.