Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Tynieness said:

The absolute tramps that stand outside the main doors of hospitals smoking, inflicting their shitty poison over everyone who has to go by them.  They should be fucking tasered.

Usually right next to the signs stating 'no smoking on hospital grounds'. The ultimate in cool badass behaviour.

Or a great way to advertise that you're illiterate, have a serious problem with addiction, and smell like Satan's farts. Useful information for everyone, really.

2 hours ago, Tynieness said:

The absolute tramps that stand outside the main doors of hospitals smoking, inflicting their shitty poison over everyone who has to go by them.  They should be fucking tasered.

Standing outside, wearing dressing gowns and puffing away.

Classy.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Standing outside, wearing dressing gowns and puffing away.

Classy.

There should be somewhere for patients to smoke. Seems cruel beyond reason to deny someone with terminal brain cancer one of his remaining few pleasures.

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There should be somewhere for patients to smoke. Seems cruel beyond reason to deny someone with terminal brain cancer one of his remaining few pleasures.

I'd like to think that massive doses of morphine might take the edge off my crippling nicotine addiction.

A wee 24-hour Wetherspoons would be a useful addition to a hospital. Lots of sorrows to be drowned, and it'll only be fair to give throbber something enjoyable to do while Throbberta does the heavy lifting in six months time.

7 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Patients have the opportunity to receive NRT if their cravings are so bad that they require a substitute. 

It seems absurd to tell a dying man that he's not allowed to smoke because it's bad for his health. There are easy ways to keep the smoke away from other patients and staff. NRT is nowhere near the same.

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Other patients and staff shouldn't have to breath in second hand smoke irrespective.  

There would be no need for them to if a space was set aside for smokers, instead of sneakily hanging around the entrances.

11 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

evidence points to the dangerous chemicals being present on a smokers clothing for hours after smoking, are you going to burn the patients clothes and shower them before they return to the ward.

:lol: How dangerous exactly?

Television programmes being referred to as 'seasons'.

How else should they be addressed? The Series is the actual programme itself so saying 'Series 2 of Still Game...' doesn't make sense IMO.

'Season 2 of the Series Still Game...' makes far more sense.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

How else should they be addressed? The Series is the actual programme itself so saying 'Series 2 of Still Game...' doesn't make sense IMO.

'Season 2 of the Series Still Game...' makes far more sense.

For me, it would be the Series 2 of Still Game or Still Game, Series 2.

Probably been said before, but the way a really good film on sky finishes and as the credits begin, with a well chosen piece of music, the picture shrinks and an annoying voice announces what is coming soon on sky movies! Happened recently with Full Metal Jacket - paint it black and War Dogs - Everybody Knows (Leonard Cohen). Both songs are part of the film! Chosen carefully. Grrrr!

13 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Pretty sure you could buy it on dvd for about a fiver if you were that desperate to see it.

I could acquire it for even less but I'm rarely bothered enough to go out of my way to watch a film, so when something good's on TV at such a stupid time it's a bit annoying.

It's also somewhat irrelevant since I celebrated Heat being on Dave by watching it on blu-ray to avoid adverts.