Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Two related PTTGOYN:

1) That any kind of event that a person does (i.e running events/swimming/cycling etc) is now almost by default expected to be being undertaken to raise money for charity rather than just because a person wants to get fit or they just fancy doing it. I've started doing Open Water swimming and I've had more than a few folk ask me what I'm training for (nothing) and who I'm raising money for (I'm not) and then react like I'm a dick because I'm not raising money.

2) When these kind of big events are televised so much of the programme ends up being emotional stories where people have overcome illness/disability/death of a loved one and are doing said event in their memory and to raise money for their hospice or whatever. Whilst these stories are laudable and I do respect these people, I just want to see the event I tuned in to watch and I don't want to be feeling depressed as f**k because of all the sad things that have happened to these people. I watched a show last night and about 50% was the emotional guilt-trip stories. Just let me watch the event FFS!

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

Surely these things were traditionally male chores (certainly the first two) so hand her the screwdriver and bucket of soapy water and tell her to get on with it.

ohohohoho no no no it doesn't work that like apparently, instead they play the "too weak and not strong enough to do these tasks" card.

33 minutes ago, red23 said:

ohohohoho no no no it doesn't work that like apparently, instead they play the "too weak and not strong enough to do these tasks" card.

I remember a newspaper cartoon from many years ago. Hatchet-faced bint holding a sign that reads EQUALITY FOR WOMEN. Saying to her husband, "If you were a gentleman you'd carry this for me!"

Friends' children who consider it acceptable to punch me in the balls from their diminutive stature. How much of a fuss would their parents raise if I were to drop kick their offspring through a glass paned window?

She has now managed to spill an entire bottle of water on her car seat and it's soaked. I'm never taking a toddler on holiday again, f**k knows what made us think this was a good idea.

Hiya Gerry McCann, hiya pal

People who drink "herbal infusions" are quite annoying but when they offer you it because they haven't got any actual tea they escalate that massively

And no "Roobois" isn't the same thing as decaffeinated tea you fucking arseholes.

If this is the middle class then I'll be at the front of the dole queue

2 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

If this is the middle class then I'll be at the front of the dole queue

It's more of a radical left wing thing really

They think all "proper tea" is theft.

Yes I just did that

No I'm not going to apologise

38 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

P&B is being a fucking pain and really unstable today. Even worse than usual. Missing whole swages of typing, freezing, just cutting out, red screen.....

The Platinum service has been silky as always, I'm pleased to say.

Everyone calling the German national team manager "Yurgi Lurrrrve"

And Fux Sports just spent  10 minutes on Harry Kane = "world class striker" like Lewandowski (sp?) Shearer and Owen! Apparenty he should also be captain and probably pope, king, a saint and winner of every Nobel prize ever!

Edited by Raidernation