Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Tinned soup is for when you're ill, recovering from a hangover or eating at work for lunch.

Homemade soup should be eaten at all other times.

I only feed tinned soup to the kids. They seem to like it and don’t know any better.

I try giving them my homemade Jamie Oliver Lentil soup but they are not keen.

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pork-recipes/store-cupboard-lentil-soup/

This or homemade Scotch Broth is the way to go. Make a big batch and freeze it in small portions for reheating (in a microwave of course) at a later date.

47 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I’ve made steak pie from scratch before, I can admit the butcher is better at it than me and it’s less of a ballache.

I used to make steak pie from scratch all the time and it was good, then we tried one of the local butchers and not only was it much better it was a fraction of the cost of buying the ingredients. I still feel a bit lazy about it but I look on at as economising, saving time, and it's fucking delicious too.

I used to make steak pie from scratch all the time and it was good, then we tried one of the local butchers and not only was it much better it was a fraction of the cost of buying the ingredients. I still feel a bit lazy about it but I look on at as economising, saving time, and it's fucking delicious too.

Saves time, money and hassle while resulting in a better tasting meal. Believe it’s a classic “no brainer”

11 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I only feed tinned soup to the kids. They seem to like it and don’t know any better.

I try giving them my homemade Jamie Oliver Lentil soup but they are not keen.

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pork-recipes/store-cupboard-lentil-soup/

This or homemade Scotch Broth is the way to go. Make a big batch and freeze it in small portions for reheating (in a microwave of course) at a later date.

Get this c**t -

• 6 rashers of higher-welfare smoked streaky bacon

dafuq?

Jamie Oliver is such a massive p***k, his soup would taste like swill to me.

I do buy Steak pies, mainly from Wm Christies in Bruntsfield. My other half makes really good home made soup, although she's been known to go off in a tangent and make shite like Butternut Squash and Orange soup. The only tinned soup I buy is Tomato.