Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Folk moaning about the Tesco Clubcard changes.

Free things aren't free enough apparently.

^^^^ Can't differentiate between 'free' and 'reward system'.

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

The only thing I use it for is red spotted hanky which is going from 2x to 3x I'll probably get my hole tonight such is the excitement in the IA household.

I've got a couple of those.  I'll pop round about 8.30.

My girlfriend reads threads on a Facebook group called ‘Girlsmouth’. The few times she has shown me what kind of nonsense they talk about I’ve actually been quite taken back by how thick some people actually are. What makes it worse is that she already has mental ideas about reality (as if she’s in her own world) and she is a chronic for self diagnosing potential illnesses on google. This page or group has stepped it up something awful. It drives me insane and proves to me that the females in our population are fucking crackpots.

21 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

My girlfriend reads threads on a Facebook group called ‘Girlsmouth’.

All the evidence is there. Get rid!!!! 

Or face a life of pain :lol: 

Theresa May appoints Tracey Crouch as UK's first minister for loneliness

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/theresa-may-appoints-tracey-crouch-as-uks-first-minister-for-loneliness-to-continue-jo-coxs-work-a3741956.html

Imagine this turning up on your doorstep?

I'd rather be a hermit.

fyqkJMe1?format=jpg&name=600x314

Imbeciles who struggle to operate car heaters.
Especially in this weather! If on occasion you car share and end up on a journey with burning red face, but freezing legs and feet, of no fault of your own, then I sympathise.

I, on the other hand, have the ingenuity to operate the controls in such a way that evenly distributes warm air and still be able to de-mist the windows.

Imbeciles who struggle to operate car heaters.
Especially in this weather! If on occasion you car share and end up on a journey with burning red face, but freezing legs and feet, of no fault of your own, then I sympathise.

I, on the other hand, have the ingenuity to operate the controls in such a way that evenly distributes warm air and still be able to de-mist the windows.

Presumably heater on full, windows rolled down?

2 hours ago, Diamond8 said:

My girlfriend reads threads on a Facebook group called ‘Girlsmouth’. The few times she has shown me what kind of nonsense they talk about I’ve actually been quite taken back by how thick some people actually are. 

To be fair she probably says the same thing about you and P&B...

Theresa May appoints Tracey Crouch as UK's first minister for loneliness
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/theresa-may-appoints-tracey-crouch-as-uks-first-minister-for-loneliness-to-continue-jo-coxs-work-a3741956.html
Imagine this turning up on your doorstep?
I'd rather be a hermit.
fyqkJMe1?format=jpg&name=600x314

I'm sure she fell at Becher's Brook when going well last year.

On 1/15/2018 at 21:46, philpy said:

It just fucks me off that they can punish someone for having to go in for surgery then have to take time to recover from it.

I lost 2 of my part time teaching jobs for the same reason. 

I was in the North Street Chip Shop in Forfar last night and nearly threw up over the counter.

On the menu for the princely sum of £3.00 was a fucking pineapple ring supper.

This is definitely @Melanius Mullarkey levels of nefariousness.

Not exactly petty but I found out this morning that me and a couple of hundred other people from my company are being laid off. I've been with the company for fifteen years but hey ho. My boss, who to be fair is pretty sound, told me to take the rest of the day off and go ride my bike.

It's a cold but beautiful day here so I think I might just take him up on that. 

7 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Not exactly petty but I found out this morning that me and a couple of hundred other people from my company are being laid off. I've been with the company for fifteen years but hey ho. My boss, who to be fair is pretty sound, told me to take the rest of the day off and go ride my bike.

Sorry to hear that.

A prime example of why you should never be loyal to a company.

19 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Hope everything works out for you, and you get a decent pay off.