Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

They've taken two months to set me up with network access at my latest job, and there's still no sign of it happening, despite the IT guy being threatened with the bullet if it wasn't done by Friday. I've just found out that he's been trying to communicate with me about it via email, which can only be accessed via the company intranet.

I'm just...I don't even...

They've taken two months to set me up with network access at my latest job, and there's still no sign of it happening, despite the IT guy being threatened with the bullet if it wasn't done by Friday. I've just found out that he's been trying to communicate with me about it via email, which can only be accessed via the company intranet.
I'm just...I don't even...
Idiot technician = IT

Cunts who call you 2 minutes before they have to join a webinar or conference call in a massive panic saying they can't connect or can't download the piece of software required to join.

Naturally I make sure it takes more than 2 minutes to get them sorted so they're late joining, ensuring they need to apologise to clients, senior managers and directors on the call for being late.  It also gives an opportunity to give a snide comment like 'You might want to give it a wee test next time before you need to join to make sure everything is ok m8.'

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

There has just been a 6-all draw on PopMaster. The morons then only managed to get 1 tiebreak question out of 4 correct between them, and the "winner" didn't even bother attempting to guess in the 3 in 10.

I'm fucking seething at this.

Anytime I ever heard  Pop Master I always thought Ken Bruce sounded like he'd rather be anywhere else on the planet. 

Every time I've listened to Pop Master, I've done better than the 2 losers on it combined.  

3 in 10 is so easy 99% of the time - 'Name 3 Oasis songs' or 'Name 3 albums by The Beatles'  And they fucking stumble and stammer 'ehhhhhhhhhhhh Roll with it?'  Fuck me.

^ ^ ^ seething mess

Maybe not so petty...

When I empty my Spam or Trash e-mail folders it starts playing a video clip apparently chosen by the editor. I did that a couple of minutes ago and the first thing on screen was a warning that some viewers might find the clip upsetting. It turned out to be CCTV footage of a would-be suicide bomber failing to blow himself up on a New York subway. Not graphic because the bomb itself didn't go off but I can see how it could upset some people.

So why the hell did the editor feel that was appropriate to play to people who haven't chosen it?

There has just been a 6-all draw on PopMaster. The morons then only managed to get 1 tiebreak question out of 4 correct between them, and the "winner" didn't even bother attempting to guess in the 3 in 10.
I'm fucking seething at this.

Listening to that this morning on the way down M6, jeez that was absolutely pish, I’m no scholar but that that pair were woeful! The chap from Cornwall even claimed that 6 was a decent score for him! Why bother ringing in!? At least the guy from Aberdeen was heading down the pub for the afternoon with his wee dug Charlie! [emoji846]