Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

38 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:
Could not agree more, 
The crowd belting it out is much better than that old guy they'd bring out for it who'd always give it 'Oh flower of Scotland,COME ON! when will we see...'
Cringefest.

You mean Ronnie Browne? The guy who wrote it? That old guy?

He didn't write it, it was Roy Williamson.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Not fast enough there Sarge.

Anyway, I was only kidding.

The fucking tide wouldn't go out with her.

My adjustment needed no further comment. She does look like something from Dr Who or a Picasso now right enough, but an out right widnae is way off the mark.

Missus tells me one of her clients is having problems with her TV.

I tell her to let me speak to her when she phones.

She phones and when I can manage to get a fucking word in edgeways, I tell her I'll sort it tomorrow.

I manage to get her off the phone by saying "I need to go, I'll pass you onto Dee Woman".

She gives me the slitting-throat-while-shaking-head-and-mouthing-"no, no" gesture.

Missus has been on the phone for the last 25 minutes and all I have heard is "mmm hmm", "yes" and "is that right?"

The f**k is wrong with some people? How can you not know you are talking too much? 

Tomorrow will be interesting. 

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

f**k me, the arguments this shit caused. Good times.

Great stuff.

The accusations when the person who turned their back was picked were often accurate. 

We trialled doing picking numbers to see who would be the one to turn their back to pick the number for who would be goalie but of course the exact same arguments ensued. 

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Missus tells me one of her clients is having problems with her TV.

I tell her to let me speak to her when she phones.

She phones and when I can manage to get a fucking word in edgeways, I tell her I'll sort it tomorrow.

I manage to get her off the phone by saying "I need to go, I'll pass you onto Dee Woman".

She gives me the slitting-throat-while-shaking-head-and-mouthing-"no, no" gesture.

Missus has been on the phone for the last 25 minutes and all I have heard is "mmm hmm", "yes" and "is that right?"

The f**k is wrong with some people? How can you not know you are talking too much? 

Tomorrow will be interesting. 

Get her pumped.