Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

One player was "Knock Out" with occasional "World Cup Knock Out" (usually when someone suggested it, they'd immediately shout "I'll go Brazil" as if claiming them meant you would be a better player).

Two player games were called "Pairs" with a very rare call of "World Cup Pairs" for that extra something special.

When it wasn't competitive we'd play "Passing and Shooting" ("Headers and Volleys only inside the box") or "Sixes and Sixes" (goals scored count for rhe attacking team, shots wide or over count to the keeper) although only a few miles down the road it was called "Seven and By" as it was played to seven rather than six.

What's quite interesting is that different groups of people all over the country had basically the same game with lots of similar sounding names despite not being in contact with anyone else.

Cuppa pairs and headers a volleys for a kick about hete

On 10/10/2019 at 14:51, Dee Man said:

Missus tells me one of her clients is having problems with her TV.

I tell her to let me speak to her when she phones.

She phones and when I can manage to get a fucking word in edgeways, I tell her I'll sort it tomorrow.

I manage to get her off the phone by saying "I need to go, I'll pass you onto Dee Woman".

She gives me the slitting-throat-while-shaking-head-and-mouthing-"no, no" gesture.

Missus has been on the phone for the last 25 minutes and all I have heard is "mmm hmm", "yes" and "is that right?"

The f**k is wrong with some people? How can you not know you are talking too much? 

Tomorrow will be interesting. 

Should have told the client to open all her windows and turn the heating up to full and then put the phone down.

I probably hit 'refresh' on the BBC's Scottish League One scores page a dozen times wondering why they weren't updating the games before realising it's an International weekend and those are next week's fixtures they're displaying.

I can beat that. Headed off to the Lochee United v BSC Glasgow Scottish Cup game via Ladbrokes. Gave up putting a line on as the stupid English based bookies had Lochee away to Dundee Violet in the league.

Arrived at Thomson Park to find the gates locked. Fuxache!

On 10/10/2019 at 14:51, Dee Man said:

Missus tells me one of her clients is having problems with her TV.

I tell her to let me speak to her when she phones.

She phones and when I can manage to get a fucking word in edgeways, I tell her I'll sort it tomorrow.

I manage to get her off the phone by saying "I need to go, I'll pass you onto Dee Woman".

She gives me the slitting-throat-while-shaking-head-and-mouthing-"no, no" gesture.

Missus has been on the phone for the last 25 minutes and all I have heard is "mmm hmm", "yes" and "is that right?"

The f**k is wrong with some people? How can you not know you are talking too much? 

Tomorrow will be interesting. 

She must be related to our next door neighbours. I must ask them if they have Australian relations. On second thoughts...

10 years ago I went to every Scotland home game and made plans to watch every away game.

By 2014 I was down to watching most games on the TV.

In 2019 I've watched the home game v Cyprus (I had a bet on it), missed every other game but the crowning glory is I forgot we were even playing Russia on Thursday.

Bravo to the SFA for making me give not 1 f**k in such a short period of time.

6 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

I can beat that. Headed off to the Lochee United v BSC Glasgow Scottish Cup game via Ladbrokes. Gave up putting a line on as the stupid English based bookies had Lochee away to Dundee Violet in the league.

Arrived at Thomson Park to find the gates locked. Fuxache!

Dundee Viole(n)t's ground isn't that far away from Thomson Park: just the other side of the giant Cox ('s stack-cue Kenneth). Did you go there instead? 

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Dundee Viole(n)t's ground isn't that far away from Thomson Park: just the other side of the giant Cox ('s stack-cue Kenneth). Did you go there instead? 

Junior games kick off at 2.30pm so I could have made it for the 2nd half I suppose, but couldn't be arsed...

Undoubtedly mentioned 100 times before but.... when your plane has landed and the seatbelt signs go off, WHYTHEHELL does half the plane get out their seat? What are they so desperate to do? Oh great, now I can queue while the stairs come.  Brill, now I can grab my bag from the overhead storage, hit people on the head, and queue to get off- can’t wait to be first in line for the baggage reclaim which will take a further 15 minutes to start.  Sit doon ya dicks.