Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Having Clover on a rowie is hardly trampish, neither is living in the city of Dundee, especially if all you have to compare it to is living off heroin in Greenock.

There's perfectly good butter in every shop in the land but you go for the pleb's choice instead. Just like in choosing to live in a hovel like Dundee on Scotland's worst coast, you are very much doing it wrong.

Gutted for you.

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

1 hour ago, virginton said:

There's perfectly good butter in every shop in the land but you go for the pleb's choice instead. Just like in choosing to live in a hovel like Dundee on Scotland's worst coast, you are very much doing it wrong.

Gutted for you.

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

Did Ainsley tell you that? Butter is only good for baked items. I have also lived on the West coast, aye the proper West coast, not like the Glasgow suburb of Greenock on the side of a river, so I can compare both coasts and the East coast certainly is not the worst coast, as you claim chief.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

There's perfectly good butter in every shop in the land

I’m not sure that’s entirely true. Waterstone’s for example, have a very poor selection of dairy based spreadables. 

Edited by Shotgun

In cafes when you ask for water along with food and they give you a tiny glass that you keep having to ask to get refilled. It’s tap water ffs, why be stingy with it? Surely it’s better for us all to give me a big glass or put a jug on the table. 

Edited by Jambomo

In cafes when you ask for water along with food and they give you a tiny glass that you keep having to ask to get refilled. It’s tap water ffs, why be stingy with it? Surely it’s better for us all to give me a big glass or put a jug on the table. 
Ask for such and you should duly receive, no? Why would you assume a jug of water if you ask for a glass? Ask for a pint of it, no harm.

10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
20 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Ask for such and you should duly receive, no? Why would you assume a jug of water if you ask for a glass? Ask for a pint of it, no harm.

I did ask for a large glass and got a little one anyway 🤣 It’s no big deal, only water. 

16 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

On a cheese scone mun 

It's become de rigeur on P&B to start debate over the merits of foodstuffs by saying they are for deviants.

I'm not willing to go that far, but my opinion of people is certainly informed by their like/dislike of cheese scones.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's become de rigeur on P&B to start debate over the merits of foodstuffs by saying they are for deviants.

I'm not willing to go that far, but my opinion of people is certainly informed by their like/dislike of cheese scones.

I like cheese scones while I know that Heed is a deviant (:P)

Does this make me a deviant?

Scottish football adopting the 'taking a knee' gesture at every game of the season so far. To be crystal clear, I've got absolutely no objection to footballers choosing to make that gesture when football resumed in the aftermath of the George Floyd killing or indeed individual players who choose to do so now. I'm generally sceptical of league authorities making blanket gestures on any issue though and just bewildered as to why it is going on in Scottish football, in a brand new season that only began a few weeks ago. Are we going to keep doing it all season every year until all racial injustice has been magically resolved? I very much doubt that the campaigners in Portland or Atlanta are on tenterhooks waiting for yet another 'show of solidarity' from the Hamilton squad on Sportscene either.

It's a totally empty gesture that achieves no other purpose than shaving an extra 15 seconds off the highlights of some particularly dung game. Get it in the bin.

Edited by vikingTON

Co-commentators. It may have been said elsewhere, but I'm watching the Europa League highlights and Robbie Savage's purpose seems to be to describe in basic terms what I'm seeing on the screen. To wit "he just runs in front of the defender and gets his head on it to score a goal". Spellbinding insight. The purpose of this role merely appears to be to provide a wage for former players as I can't imagine it helps the viewer any.

Scottish football adopting the 'taking a knee' gesture at every game of the season so far. To be crystal clear, I've got absolutely no objection to footballers choosing to make that gesture when football resumed in the aftermath of the George Floyd killing or indeed individual players who choose to do so now. I'm generally sceptical of league authorities making blanket gestures on any issue though and just bewildered as to why it is going on in Scottish football, in a brand new season that only began a few weeks ago. Are we going to keep doing it all season every year until all racial injustices has been magically resolved? I very much doubt that the campaigners in Portland or Atlanta are on tenterhooks waiting for yet another 'show of solidarity' from the Hamilton squad on Sportscene either.
It's a totally empty gesture that achieves no other purpose than shaving an extra 15 seconds off the highlights of some particularly dung game. Get it in the bin.
I agree. It makes the movement more bland, and that's definitely not what's needed.

12 minutes ago, velo army said:

Co-commentators. It may have been said elsewhere, but I'm watching the Europa League highlights and Robbie Savage's purpose seems to be to describe in basic terms what I'm seeing on the screen. To wit "he just runs in front of the defender and gets his head on it to score a goal". Spellbinding insight. The purpose of this role merely appears to be to provide a wage for former players as I can't imagine it helps the viewer any.

He also likes to throw in 'great use of his neck muscles' or variants of the phrase when discussing headers.