Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

33 minutes ago, Empty It said:
45 minutes ago, philpy said:
Jesus. 
Screenshot_20201104_210045.thumb.jpg.827837a5816f8a5318a657f92e6ff6f5.jpg

St Clements is a shithole, no doubt some blob who's making her kids fat aswell with relentless takeaways.

Yup. It's no glamorous over there. I've no heard any fireworks from the area so something must be wrong 😂😂. For the record, the "food" they didn't get was from pepe's in musselburgh. Says it all really... 

Had a phone call from my line manager today, telling me I would be getting put on furlough. Had a feeling it was coming, but still a kick in the teeth this close to Christmas. I imagine I will be laid off afterwards as they need to make cuts. 

Have started looking for alternatives, but it's fairly depressing seeing over 100 applicants for pretty much every job. 

On 02/11/2020 at 21:55, topcat(The most tip top) said:

There was an attempt to farm mink near cove harbour in Berwickshire it failed long ago but some escaped and there’s still a small population living wild.

Just as well....

As many as 17 million minks are to be culled in Denmark after a mutated version of the coronavirus that can spread to humans was detected on mink farms.

Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen said the mutated virus posed a "risk to the effectiveness" of a future Covid-19 vaccine.

Denmark is the world's biggest producer of mink fur.

Police said the culling should happen as soon as possible.

Coronavirus cases have been detected in mink farms in Denmark's northern Jutland region, and in other parts of Europe, for several months

8 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Had a phone call from my line manager today, telling me I would be getting put on furlough. Had a feeling it was coming, but still a kick in the teeth this close to Christmas. I imagine I will be laid off afterwards as they need to make cuts. 

Have started looking for alternatives, but it's fairly depressing seeing over 100 applicants for pretty much every job. 

SPS are taking on in a multitude of locations. If you don't fancy being inside the community you could try the operations roles. It's obviously not for everyone and could be a bit dangerous but I reckon you'd get a good laugh and it could be genuinely rewarding. 

43 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

My mother in law brought round a birthday cake for me yesterday and she choose a vegan cake as she wanted it to be healthy. I can’t put my finger on why but it was rank.

I've made vegan chocolate cakes and they've been utterly fucking delicious. Also an incredible vegan carrot cake and it wasn't until after each of them that I realized they were vegan. 

18 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

After almost 25 years working on Tornado, if you gave me a job, I'd go to stores and instinctively know what tools I needed. What size spanners, sockets, etc, etc.

Now on Typhoon I'm like a lost wee boy. I know f**k all. I'm rooting round 'guessing' sizes. It's doing my head in :rolleyes:

You should get yourself down to B&Q. They sell socket "sets" with all the popular sizes in one handy plastic box with a handle that you can carry around. 

22 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

You should get yourself down to B&Q. They sell socket "sets" with all the popular sizes in one handy plastic box with a handle that you can carry around. 

Have you ever though about employment opportunities in MOD procurement....?? :) 

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

My mother in law brought round a birthday cake for me yesterday and she choose a vegan cake as she wanted it to be healthy. I can’t put my finger on why but it was rank.

^ ^ ^

image.jpeg.bd894fafc40f89d41198e6a09b36e1c6.jpeg

SPS are taking on in a multitude of locations. If you don't fancy being inside the community you could try the operations roles. It's obviously not for everyone and could be a bit dangerous but I reckon you'd get a good laugh and it could be genuinely rewarding. 
Probably not London though.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

If it was a vegan cake then there was probably very little cake in it. 

23 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Why would a vegan cake be healthier?

Slightly less bacon