Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

23 hours ago, Shipa said:

When I did my car test in '93 I was told to indicate right for the 3rd and subsequent exits, regardless of actual physical direction, as this made clear that you were continuing round the roundabout. 

I had some lessons last year and this is what I was taught to do.

On 20/10/2020 at 20:51, Trackdaybob said:

The fact that nobody seems capable of having a private conversion on their phone anymore. 

All this waving it about shouting into it with it on loud speaker on max volume. 

Just f**k off. No one is interested in your conversation. 

There :)

I'd guess anyone who hasn't seen this doesn't use public transport very much. The general rule seems to be that, if there aren't many passengers on a journey, First will arrange for some jake to sit in the disabled/elderly seating and have an incredibly tedious loudspeaker conversation for your pleasure.

This will inevitably be when you realise that you didn't pick up your noise-cancelling earphones before leaving the house.

2 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Aye thats all fine but what I mean is I regularly see folk who indicate right both to get on a roundabout, even if they're going left/straight, also to get off it. It's too common in my view to just be idiots that can't drive and it always seems to be oldies when I get a look at the driver so I was wondering if in the dim and distant past there were different rules of the road about roundabouts that they've never unlearned? Or is it just bams who can't drive?

Sat my test in about 1995 and there were no theory tests or anything like that. Vaguely recall being told to indicate right when heading straight to show anyone who is waiting at the first exit that you are planning to continue past them, and then indicate left where you're coming off. I got in the car, started it in gear and nearly rammed the car in front and still passed so the standard in Dunfermline maybe wasn't that stringent. 

Phone helplines which punctuate the waiting music with "thanks for holding on..." every ten secs.  It's just irritating and simply gets your hopes up whenever they break the otherwise ambient music. 

Edited by Hedgecutter
sp.

15 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Phone helplines which punctuate the waiting music with "thanks for holding on..." every ten secs.  It's just irritating and just gets your hope up whenever they break the otherwise ambient music. 

I think they deliberately leave a half second pause so you think it's been answered as well.

Places that become yuppyfied.
East neuk of Fife is now like this and it looks like they've come inland to Loch leven. I suppose this makes me an inverse snob but jesus their obnoxious loud voices and stupid laughs just annoy me.

"And then the waiter said we didn't have anymore elderflower scones left"
"Ah haw haw haw"

Thankfully they don't usually go round the loch just stay at the cafe.

Will go to the other side of the loch to avoid next time.

[emoji38]

Places that become yuppyfied.
East neuk of Fife is now like this and it looks like they've come inland to Loch leven. I suppose this makes me an inverse snob but jesus their obnoxious loud voices and stupid laughs just annoy me.

"And then the waiter said we didn't have anymore elderflower scones left"
"Ah haw haw haw"

Thankfully they don't usually go round the loch just stay at the cafe.

Will go to the other side of the loch to avoid next time.

[emoji38]
One if my major PTTGOMN is this tbh. You are being an inverse snob and this attitude specifically towards food and drink in Scotland I find incredibly annoying and cringy. It's basically why we are a nation of fat fucks

No he's dead right. Some of the most shocking anti-Scottish shite I've ever heard out loud was at a café in Falkland. Folk with money earned in careers elsewhere on salaries local people can't make, buying up houses in these wee spots and acting like the natives don't exist and can't understand them.
It's no accident Catherine Calderwood got Lee Wallaced by her neighbours in Earlsferry. There's a powderkeg of resentment in that neck of the woods.
So it's not about the elderflower scones then?

No it's about swanning in somewhere and talking at the volume where every c**t has no option but to listen because why would they have any consideration for anyone other than People Like Us?
Fair enough then. Please accept my apology and agreement D.A.F.C. Thought we were on a food thing there

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
11 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:
No he's dead right. Some of the most shocking anti-Scottish shite I've ever heard out loud was at a café in Falkland. Folk with money earned in careers elsewhere on salaries local people can't make, buying up houses in these wee spots and acting like the natives don't exist and can't understand them.
It's no accident Catherine Calderwood got Lee Wallaced by her neighbours in Earlsferry. There's a powderkeg of resentment in that neck of the woods.

So it's not about the elderflower scones then?

It’s what mixu says, the locals can’t stand them as they’ve ruined the house prices and made all the local shops and cafes into expensive and somewhat pretentious hellholes full of people who have to be heard.

Next summer go for a drink in elie and see what I’m on about.

Nothing against fancy food but it’s the whole package that’s annoying, I realise I’m being a bit petty that’s why I posted it in here.

Maybe I just miss the old quaintness about the east neuk but imo they’ve ruined it.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

It’s what mixu says, the locals can’t stand them as they’ve ruined the house prices and made all the local shops and cafes into expensive and somewhat pretentious hellholes full of people who have to be heard.

Next summer go for a drink in elie and see what I’m on about.

Nothing against fancy food but it’s the whole package that’s annoying, I realise I’m being a bit petty that’s why I posted it in here.

Maybe I just miss the old quaintness about the east neuk but imo they’ve ruined it.

I was supposed to be in that neck of the woods this summer but obviously that got fucked up. I will keep my eye out for pretentious fuckery next time though.