Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

Buy a collapsible lobster pot off Amazon or ebay, bait it and throw it on off rocks or a harbour. Impress her with your hunting/gathering skills.

I have no such skills and not want to acquire such skills.  I want dressed lobster from M&S for lunch on December 24th and Boxing Day.  It is a reasonable desire thwarted by those cùnts that got their orders in early.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Wife went to M&S to order Christmas food only to be told the dressed lobster has “sold out” and there won’t be any more available.

I am incandescent with rage and realise that there’s not a suitable thread on here as this is not ‘petty’.

Did you fume all the way home in the car?

Wife went to M&S to order Christmas food only to be told the dressed lobster has “sold out” and there won’t be any more available.
I am incandescent with rage and realise that there’s not a suitable thread on here as this is not ‘petty’.

This is squarely in the remit of the First World Problems thread tbh. Buy a lobster, cook it, dress it.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

This is squarely in the remit of the First World Problems thread tbh. Buy a lobster, cook it, dress it.

I had a quick look for dressed lobster delivery online. £41 for "two halves". I take it it is one to a plate? 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I had a quick look for dressed lobster delivery online. £41 for "two halves". I take it it is one to a plate? 

M&S do four halves for £40.  We’ve had it often before.  Very good.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Lobster from M&S sounds rank.

These guys will deliver to your home in and around Dundee and all you need to do is bang it in the oven for 20 minutes or so https://www.haarrestaurant.com/

I actually read about them before I ended up on fishsociety (£40 for 2 halves). There was an article saying some fucking lunatic paid £500 for a meal delivery because of the lockdown and it's not something they'd do otherwise. 

Edit : come to think of it, it was you wasn't it?! :lol:

Edited by Mr. Alli

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Lobster from M&S sounds rank.

These guys will deliver to your home in and around Dundee and all you need to do is bang it in the oven for 20 minutes or so https://www.haarrestaurant.com/

No it’s very nice, probably why it’s sold out.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Do you put them together to make sure each half is from the same lobster?

No.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I actually read about them before I ended up on fishsociety (£40 for 2 halves). There was an article saying some fucking lunatic paid £500 for a meal delivery because of the lockdown and it's not something they'd do otherwise. 

I probably would. The lobster was outstanding.

Beef Wellington from the Newport this weekend. The things you can do when you aren't bunging the same money on continental lager in trades 

27 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

8 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I probably would. The lobster was outstanding.

Beef Wellington from the Newport this weekend. The things you can do when you aren't bunging the same money on continental lager in trades 

£500?  Invergowrie Arab?  It’s all making sense now.

Edited by Granny Danger

14 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

image.thumb.png.953a20c9852ebbe1e558a78fbbbc4575.png

image.thumb.png.ce0e655651196b04e5666f50ea4a6b34.png

🤔

I was annoyed when they gerrymandered Bam Towers from marginal Edinburgh South into what was solid Labour Edinburgh East 20 years ago.

But it turned out well in the end as Tommy Sheppard is my MP rather than that tosser Murray.