Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Went to the bank yesterday to get some money. The cashpoint was out of order so I went inside. As the teller handed me the notes she asked me, "What are you going to do with the money?"

Actually that is untrue. I didn't get any cash and even if I did the teller would never have asked such a question as it's none of her business.

So why do quiz show hosts always ask contestants what they're going to do with the money they've won (or might win)? I would love somebody to answer, "I'm going to buy a car. What are you going to do with your salary for presenting the show?"

On 01/12/2020 at 17:55, Empty It said:

Old c***s that go to the shop with 15 lottery tickets and asks the one person serving if they can check them at the busiest time of the day.

Also shops that have one person on tills at the busiest time of the day.

I was stood behind a boy who came in with 10 scratch cards and hadn't even scratched the foil stuff off to see if he won. I was raging that the lassie never told him to scratch it off and come back if he had any winners.

7 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Went to the bank yesterday to get some money. The cashpoint was out of order so I went inside. As the teller handed me the notes she asked me, "What are you going to do with the money?"

Actually that is untrue. I didn't get any cash and even if I did the teller would never have asked such a question as it's none of her business.

So why do quiz show hosts always ask contestants what they're going to do with the money they've won (or might win)? I would love somebody to answer, "I'm going to buy a car. What are you going to do with your salary for presenting the show?"

Lifting your own money out the bank to buy things is a regular, daily occurrence that absolutely everyone does. Nobody cares what you're going to do with your £40 because it's likely boring and mundane. Winning circa £10K or more on a gameshow is obviously a substantial amount of money that your average person won't come into, so they may be more inclined to do something out of the ordinary with it. Have you never been asked what you'd do if you won the lottery? 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

I was stood behind a boy who came in with 10 scratch cards and hadn't even scratched the foil stuff off to see if he won. I was raging that the lassie never told him to scratch it off and come back if he had any winners.

I've seen this. People buy scratchcards and get the lassie behind the counter to scratch it for them.

Could this aspect of customer service be extended?

Me: Ah, good morning. I will have a packet of M&Ms and this here copy of Mojo, the monthly magazine for the ageing music snob. Could you oblige by reading out the career retrospective of Leonard Cohen, starting on page 23 please? I cant be bothered and I'm sure the people in the queue behind me wont mind. 

Edited by Academically Deficient
Spelling

20 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Getting wisdom tooth taken out.

Wait a month cost between 150-200

Go to dental hospital and costs nothing but wait 3 months.

I decided to wait the month cause I'm a fanny 

i did similar with a shoulder injury a while back, instead of going to a physio i'd used before, i took the cheaper option of the NHS, waited ages, then eventually i got gel rubbed on my shoulder and some gadget like an ultrasound ran over the area that was injured, must have wasted 4 or 5 months, booked back in with my old physio and they done more in their 50 minute 1hr session than the 10 weeks at my local medical centre  

7 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

I've seen this. People buy scratchcards and get the lassie behind the counter to scratch it for them.

Could this aspect of customer service be extended?

Me: Ah, good morning. I will have a packet of M&Ms and this here copy of Mojo, the monthly magazine for the ageing music snob. Could you oblige by reading out the career retrospective of Leonard Cohen, starting on page 23 please? I cant be bothered and I'm sure the people in the queue behind me wont mind. 

Ah, good morning, I will have a packet of tissues and this magazine from your top shelf...

On 02/12/2020 at 21:20, Deanburn Dave said:
On 30/11/2020 at 09:59, dumpweed said:
They way Americans pronounce the name Craig as "Kreg"

Graham as " Gramme"

Gerard as Geraaaaaaaaaaaaaard.

Apparently it's the reason why the scummy turncoat Sellick supporting actor Butler goes by Gerry.

Gerard as Geraaaaaaaaaaaaaard.
Apparently it's the reason why the scummy turncoat Sellick supporting actor Butler goes by Gerry.

Bernaaaaaaaard too.
I am forever having pronunciation tiffs with Mrs. FP. I always use the phrase "When in Rome, darling..." but she normally countenances this with a breezy "F*ck off, I am not British..."
Two cultures separated by a common language right enough......

2 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Bernaaaaaaaard too.
I am forever having pronunciation tiffs with Mrs. FP. I always use the phrase "When in Rome, darling..." but she normally countenances this with a breezy "F*ck off, I am not British..."
Two cultures separated by a common language right enough......

See also Spock from Star Trek:

Leeeoonaaaard Nimoy.

Most illogical, Captain.

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

Must look like a really low rent money launderer.

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

It’s the folk on shows like Pointless who say “yes I’m going to treat the family to a holiday and maybe put the rest towards a car”.

Not with £1k you’re not.

I kinda agree, although its clearly just small talk to put the contestants at ease and maybe generate a bit of banter. Except in
classic example of the genre, of course...

Due to some "emergency", most likely some moron construction worker fucking up somewhere, the city turned off the water and heat in our area from 11am yesterday to 2am this morning, thankfully our 13 week old didn't have a blowout and that it was only -1 for most of the day. Heat still isn't back on but it's a toasty 2 degrees at least. 

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It’s the folk on shows like Pointless who say “yes I’m going to treat the family to a holiday and maybe put the rest towards a car”.

Not with £1k you’re not.

Posh b*****d

Spoiler

Screenshot_20201204-154233.thumb.jpg.9aee5b01a2b9b16e92c4b7fed09b6a16.jpg

Spoiler

Screenshot_20201204-154355.thumb.jpg.f768d4b8dd5831173e89bde8b3b9aa67.jpg

What more could you want.

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Not with £1k you’re not.

They didn't broadcast my turn when I said "pay my fines".