Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I thought he was referring to the weirdos who end calls with... 'Bye, bye, BYE, BYE, byebyebyebyebyebye...BYE'

I have a Greek customer who phones me after every email he sends me to make sure I've read it. As if that wasn't annoying enough, he ends every phonecall by saying "Thanks, all the best, cheers, bye, bye, bye, bye...."

18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I thought he was referring to the weirdos who end calls with... 'Bye, bye, BYE, BYE, byebyebyebyebyebye...BYE'

I assume he was. I was just suggesting another PTTGOMN with regard to phone calls.

Reason why I love working from home. This appears to be a very Irish thing and dear lord hearing it from all corners is enough to drive you scatty

43 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Old c***s that go to the shop with 15 lottery tickets and asks the one person serving if they can check them at the busiest time of the day.

Let's just extend this to 'people buying lottery tickets in a shop' in general. An absolutely fucking ridiculous length of time wasted while these losers try to run up 'their usual'. If it can't be done online then they can f**k off.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I have a Greek customer who phones me after every email he sends me to make sure I've read it. As if that wasn't annoying enough, he ends every phonecall by saying "Thanks, all the best, cheers, bye, bye, bye, bye...."

No “peeps”?

Not a real Greek imo.

Let's just extend this to 'people buying lottery tickets in a shop' in general. An absolutely fucking ridiculous length of time wasted while these losers try to run up 'their usual'. If it can't be done online then they can f**k off.
The worst is "can you check these" check them yourself you lazy w****r.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, virginton said:

The worst is "can you check these" check them yourself you lazy w****r.

The reason you never see bright youngsters  stay long on those tills is "no sorry, nothing on those".

Edited by Tony Ferrino

As someone who worked in a petrol station many moons ago, I can testify that scratchcards and lottery tickets are indeed a pain in the arse. Old people were the worst, always buying 10 lucky dips on separate tickets. Then they'd come back next and get you to Check them all, one by one. 

1 hour ago, philpy said:

As someone who worked in a petrol station many moons ago, I can testify that scratchcards and lottery tickets are indeed a pain in the arse. Old people were the worst, always buying 10 lucky dips on separate tickets. Then they'd come back next and get you to Check them all, one by one. 

It must have been so, so, tempting to pretend to get really excited to make the old git think they've won big and then when they ask say "it's two quid. Now f**k off"

On 29/11/2020 at 10:21, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's a tactic. Politicians have been doing it for years. It gives slightly more thinking time and is intended as an alert to the listener you are about to make a salient point. The fact they never do is neither here nor there.

Epitomised by Blair's "what I would say to you is this..."

Pointlessly verbose in order to disguise the fact that the warmongering c**t never once uttered a single sentence of any substance throughout his entire political career. The fucker still wont shut up either.

9 hours ago, philpy said:

Philpy shirking his job responsibilities yet again. 

Tut tut.

We had our first child last month, and the patronising sh*te I get from the women at work:

"How's the little man doing?"

'How is your wife, is she doing ok?"

"Have you learned to change a nappy yet? Hahaha."

peow6.gif.fce053c58dbdb5810b7f5141cc58c64d.gif

It wasn't funny the first time, it's even less funny after 3 weeks of teaching on less than 5 hours sleep a night.

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

Snippy GP receptionists.

It sometimes feel like you're taking on the final boss in Sonic when trying to get an appointment out of some of them.

Apart from maybe stewards at the football, is there any other profession who take their job so seriously?

1 minute ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Snippy GP receptionists.

It sometimes feel like you're taking on the final boss in Sonic when trying to get an appointment out of some of them.

Apart from maybe stewards at the football, is there any other profession who take their job so seriously?

Mime artists on Las Ramblas.

19 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

People who say "bye" about ten times before hanging up.

Or the classic 'cheers, cheers, cheers, cheers, cheers, cheers,' whilst putting the phone slowly down.