Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

11 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Contrary to popular belief, medical problems don't always present in textbook ways. Watchful waiting is a fairly standard way of figuring out what's going on, using time as a diagnostic tool. If it's unclear what's happening and there's nothing obviously life threatening then waiting and seeing what happens is reasonable. Things will either get better or it will become obvious what's going on.

Aye, I was just referring to doctors who can't be arsed.

9 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Contrary to popular belief, medical problems don't always present in textbook ways. Watchful waiting is a fairly standard way of figuring out what's going on, using time as a diagnostic tool. If it's unclear what's happening and there's nothing obviously life threatening then waiting and seeing what happens is reasonable. Things will either get better or it will become obvious what's going on.

Due to Dr’s often being known to say it’s a virus, I didn’t bother going to one. 
By time I went to ooh few days later they sent me straight a&e. Pneumonia and sepsis and about an hour from a coma 🙈🙈

22 hours ago, BFTD said:

You have to love doctors who just shrug and go, "dinnae ken, guess you'll have to live with it".

Pretty good reason to switch to another surgery.

Yeah, this was pretty much my diagnosis on my knee.

I twisted it quite badly when I was 10, then as I got older every time the weather got damp it would swell up to twice the size, to the extent that I would have to wear a knee support playing football at around 26, eventually having to give up competitively at 30. Still every time the weather got bad it would swell up, when it does this now (and for the past 6 years) it makes me struggle with stairs. Went to the docs about 8 years ago showed him the swelling on my knee and got a scan booked on a glorious summers day, they found nothing obviously.

Doctor had no idea, told me he could see nothing wrong and that I just have to take pain killers and anti inflammatories every time that happens. Like I always have done. Thanks.

Tourists that think that (and act like) they're not tourists.  Usually accompanied by a sneeriness about other travellers doing exactly the same thing as them, and often the phrase "I'm not a tourist-tourist".

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Tourists that think that (and act like) they're not tourists.  Usually accompanied by a sneeriness about other travellers doing exactly the same thing as them, and often the phrase "I'm not a tourist-tourist".

I'm feeling personally attacked by this post 😂

On 13/03/2021 at 11:20, Widge said:

My whole right leg has randomly decided to be in constant pain and spasm and as a result I’ve not had a decent nights sleep in 4 days. I guess the PTTGOYN is the fact that the doc has absolutely zero idea what it is and therefore can’t fix it. 

No a very good doctor if he doesn't know what a leg is. 

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Mate did you just pick your nose clean off? 

I've nae idea what's going on but I now need to shower to clean this shit up and I reckon that'll make it worse I'm in a catch 22.

That picture might make it on to mathematics wall though. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

You've done your septum, time to lay off the Charlie.

Been off of it for a while now, tbh. Certainly not recently enough to cause this. I've been under a lot of stress recently and the headaches come back last night (been awful today) and I strangely feel a lot 'lighter' after this. All cleaned up and appears to have stopped, will need to keep an eye on it though. 

Keep me in your prayers. x

Edit : RIP Mole Gallagher tshirt. :(

Edited by Mr. Alli

12 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Been off of it for a while now, tbh. Certainly not recently enough to cause this. I've been under a lot of stress recently and the headaches come back last night (been awful today) and I strangely feel a lot 'lighter' after this. All cleaned up and appears to have stopped, will need to keep an eye on it though. 

High blood pressure.

200 guineas, thank you.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Stick a tampon up your nose.

I had what the on-call doctor referred to as an "anal nosebleed" once. Apparently not serious and people get them all the time.

Doesn't help much to know that when you go to flush the lavvy and it looks like Leatherface has tried to force his latest victim down your u-bend.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

One time when I wasn’t long seeing my current gf I started bleeding profusely on her forehead when I was mid stroke and rather than give up I ran to the toilet and stuffed my nose with a bit of bog roll and carried on like nothing had happened until I reached the finish line and it had oozed out all over both of us. 

jack black wtf GIF