Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Do you struggle to get through the grains when ripping it open, Geoff Capes?

If you open it with the grains at the top they will go everywhere. I'm actually more surprised there are folk who don't shake the sugar sachet first. Though it does explain why the wee area can have sugar spilled over the counter. I assume when you spill sugar from opening without shaking that you clean up your mess? ;)

21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I do that. I assumed everyone did to make sure the sugar is out the way before you open it.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

Same with those wee bags of salt you get.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

If you open it with the grains at the top they will go everywhere. I'm actually more surprised there are folk who don't shake the sugar sachet first. Though it does explain why the wee area can have sugar spilled over the counter. I assume when you spill sugar from opening without shaking that you clean up your mess? ;)

I don't take sugar. I also am a grown up.

If I did though, I would open them over the cup as that's where the sugar is supposed to go instead of shaking it like a Polaroid picture.

Spoiler

Hey ya!

44 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I used to like the sugarlumps in the bhs cafe. They didn't need shaken and they made a cup of limeade fizz up excessively and overflow the space themed cup which was great fun. 

I don't put sugar in my drinks now due to being a grown up. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04pq2mt

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Sugar lumps stop the sugar bowl getting all gunged up by wet teaspoons.

What substance is used to congeal them do we reckon? English tears from the summer there will keep them going.

ETA- what kind of barbarians put the spoon back in the sugar after stirring anyway?

Edited by jimbaxters

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I used to like the sugarlumps in the bhs cafe. They didn't need shaken and they made a cup of limeade fizz up excessively and overflow the space themed cup which was great fun. 

And people digging into the bowl after going for a pish and not washing their hands.

3 minutes ago, GordonD said:

And people digging into the bowl after going for a pish and not washing their hands.

My nanna (I know, I know) used to stir her tea then lick the spoon dry and then put it back in the bowl.  I have no idea if she washed her hands after having a pish though.