Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

56 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

With Jeremy Vine on in the background most mornings, I've noticed that ~80% of all callers from various parts of Scotland happen to have English accents.  I also suspect that there's a disproportionate number on Radio Scotland.

Take from that what you will.  :whistle

No sure that's all that unrepresentative of certain parts of the country tbh.

If you walk around North Berwick these days and listen to the 'locals', you'd think you'd suffered a bump to the head and come around in some leafy Home Counties village. It's the same in parts of the Moray Firth, and although I've no first hand experience of it, my sibling says that indigenous accents are becoming fewer and fewer in the Western Isles.

Edited by Boo Khaki

20 hours ago, 101 said:

Farrow and ball is just a shit Craig and Rose.

I don’t really use Craig and Rose or F&B paints. F&B bemuses lots of decorators as it has quite a cult-ish following. I normally get F&B colours made up in Johnstones trade paints. 

22 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

If you walk around North Berwick these days and listen to the 'locals', you'd think you'd suffered a bump to the head and come around in some leafy Home Counties village. It's the same in parts of the Moray Firth, and although I've no first hand experience of it, my sibling says that indigenous accents are becoming fewer and fewer in the Western Isles.

The middle class English accent is pretty common with school kids in lots of bits of Edinburgh. 

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

People that phone in to morning radio shows on BBC Scotland.

p***ks

Did you ever catch the old Talk107 phone ins when it was on in Edinburgh? It had some quite incredible callers. Some of whom may well be the unhinged lunatic fringe on P&B 

Did you ever catch the old Talk107 phone ins when it was on in Edinburgh? It had some quite incredible callers. Some of whom may well be the unhinged lunatic fringe on P&B 

Was that mid 2000s? Was it the “independent republic of mike graham” or something along they lines?

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

The phrase "nae danger". What the f**k is it meant to mean? 

Quite simply "there is no danger of that" shortened. Such as when Tony Fitzpatrick states St Mirren can win the Premiership by 2019, a fair and reasoned response would be "nae danger, Tony". 

1 hour ago, buchan30 said:

I forgot he was on that as well. I enjoyed that show.

They never had much of a budget so when you won a prize it would just be something from his book or record collection. I won a book about cricket, signed for Dominik by some England cricketer.

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

A wee bit, but the one we used to love as kids was the Rev Andy late night phone in on Radio Forth - this must have been the 1980s.

Occasionally we used to call in and tell him we were being touched up by our scout leader or about to take some heroin or something just to noise the fucker up.

We were a right bunch of wee twats, but Andy lapped it all up.

Simpler times..........................

21 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I was in a taxi in Watford many years ago, and the taxi driver had TalkSport on. Jon Gaunt had a right-wing talk show that was fairly terrible but the driver was glued. 

Before becoming a crackpot he was one of the Mini drivers in The Italian Job.

Maybe an unpopular opinion but North Berwick is shite and full of arseholes.

39 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I was in a taxi in Watford many years ago, and the taxi driver had TalkSport on. Jon Gaunt had a right-wing talk show that was fairly terrible but the driver was glued. 

A right-wing taxi driver? I don't believe it.

7 minutes ago, Empty It said:
5 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion but North Berwick is shite and full of arseholes.

Translation :- "I'd love to live in North Berwick but can't afford it......" 😃

Translation :- "I'd love to live in North Berwick but can't afford it......" [emoji2]
Stay not far from North Berwick and it's one of the last places I'd like to stay.