Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

21 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

This ones for @kingjoey

David Bowie.

Always said as Bow (as in bow to the king) ee, now they different Bow (archer and bow) ee.

What is correct, and can I add if it's not that I think, you can also f**k off.

George Clinton goes for Boo-ee in P-Funk (Wants to Get Funked Up). 

It was cool, but can you imagine doobying your funk? 

“Age is just a number” 

Said by benzema last night.

1) you’re 34 laddie, come back and say that when you win it at 44

2) it’s just not true is it? Yes he’s prolonged and even enhanced his career in its later years through looking after himself and adapting his game but he still will have been impacted by age. 

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

“Age is just a number” 

2) it’s just not true is it? Yes he’s prolonged and even enhanced his career in its later years through looking after himself and adapting his game but he still will have been impacted by age. 

Aye, 34 is nothing and never was if you were fit and looked after yourself.

If he is still doing it 20 years later with one metal hip, he will also be my personal hero..................

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

“Age is just a number” 

He ain't no Franco Baresi.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Along the same lines, the obviously put-on over reactions on Gogglebox. The wide eyed scream or roar at a tense or frightening moment is OTT and cringey.

Mrs Khaki does something similar and every bit as annoying with horror movies. I CBA with them, but I'll sit with her through one or two for the sake of peace and quiet. If it's a movie or a scene I've already seen, I'll even warn her 'jump scare coming up right now' and yet still she does a 'loony toons' like jump out of her seat and exaggerated screech. I've actually seen her go and bury her head in a blanket so that she can't actually see a scene she finds particularly creepy. She has no answer when I ask her why she knowingly puts these things on when she's just going to refuse to watch half of it, and why she still shits herself at jumpscares even when they are entirely predictable. I just find it baffling, but f**k knows what goes on in their heads sometimes.

28 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Mrs Khaki does something similar and every bit as annoying with horror movies. I CBA with them, but I'll sit with her through one or two for the sake of peace and quiet. If it's a movie or a scene I've already seen, I'll even warn her 'jump scare coming up right now' and yet still she does a 'loony toons' like jump out of her seat and exaggerated screech. I've actually seen her go and bury her head in a blanket so that she can't actually see a scene she finds particularly creepy. She has no answer when I ask her why she knowingly puts these things on when she's just going to refuse to watch half of it, and why she still shits herself at jumpscares even when they are entirely predictable. I just find it baffling, but f**k knows what goes on in their heads sometimes.

She was obviously the runt of the litter and now suffers from 'Look at me, look at me everybody' syndrome.

4 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

He ain't no Franco Baresi.

He was no John Burridge.

My PTTGOYN: the number of people on eBay who can't spell their address or, in some cases, their own name. Never sure if it's an illiteracy thing, or if they entered their details via application of face to keyboard.