Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

52 minutes ago, Madame RH33 said:

My ankle is very unstable and driving me the same.

If you still have to moon boot it then keep moon booting otherwise beg, borrow or steal a knee scooter. Alternatively hop a lot. 🙂

33 minutes ago, Eednud said:

If you still have to moon boot it then keep moon booting otherwise beg, borrow or steal a knee scooter. Alternatively hop a lot. 🙂

Moonboot gone, was told to only use it for first 7-10days

12 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

If you have any hobbies you can do lying down, maybe spend more time doing that?

Sadly I only indulge in those hobbies when the children aren't here. And the bloody teachers are on strike today.

2 hours ago, Madame RH33 said:

Sadly I only indulge in those hobbies when the children aren't here. And the bloody teachers are on strike today.

"Right kids. Today's home-schooling lesson is on signals and signs. First, what it means when a tie is hanging on a door handle..."

The inability of football commentators to grasp a basic understanding of the Butterfly Effect.  

"He should have two goals already".  Well, not necessarily seeing as a goal would have completely changed the passage of play afterwards.

Marks & Spencer pilau rice. Now, to be fair, M&S do a nice line in microwave friendly curries - but their pilau rice… what’s with the twenty curry leaves, ten cardomom pods, and eight cloves, that are left in it? Flavour the rice with them by all means,  but then get them to fcuk before selling them to auld duffers like me. Auld duffers who always, always miss one cardomom pod and one lousy clove when trying to pick the b*****ding things out before eating their dinner. Crunching into those fcukers… 

Rant over. 😀

13 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

The inability of football commentators to grasp a basic understanding of the Butterfly Effect.  

"He should have two goals already".  Well, not necessarily seeing as a goal would have completely changed the passage of play afterwards.

Yes! I always complain about this. Fans are just as guilty of this too.

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Another commentator gripe. 

"You get a feeling that if they get a goal here they could go on an get 4, 5 or 6"

Final score inevitably 1-0.  

^^^ Doesn't watch Celtic v Dons games.

On 11/01/2023 at 10:34, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Another commentator gripe. 

"You get a feeling that if they get a goal here they could go on an get 4, 5 or 6"

Final score inevitably 1-0.  

The use of 'just about' by commentators.

He just about saved it - to me that means he failed and it went in, not that the keeper managed to push it round it post.

He just about was on target - seems mean it was off target and a miss and not a goal/save

Just about is surely a fail,

just about tall enough to ride a rollercoaster means you are not tall enough.

Edited by MEADOWXI