Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

29 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

I always give the name of an 80's heavy metal star. Members of Motley Crue, Ratt etc are regulars at my local coffee shop

Maybe give the original drummer of Pungent Stench a miss.

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

Also on McDonalds, I can't believe people actually get their McD's delivered now. The food is barely hot by the time you've parked up at the drive-thru. I can't imagine what it'd be like after 25 minutes in a sweaty box.

Is that how they transport cheeseburgers these days?

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Just reminded me of one:- 

The layout of the "Drive Thru" in this country. Having the food/beverages right next to the window. So unless they say "I'll be with you soon" you feel rushed into ordering. Don't know why they don't have the menu further back and you pull up to order once you've looked. 

100% with you on this. It's ridiculous that they didn't consider this when planning these. 

1 hour ago, Wile E Coyote said:

I always give the name of an 80's heavy metal star. Members of Motley Crue, Ratt etc are regulars at my local coffee shop

Lol! Reminds me of the 2nd or third time I was asked for my name in Starbucks, I gave the name Vim Fuego- that’s one for the kids! I was severely disappointed when some girl called Kim walked away with my coffee & toasted sandwich. Tbf, serves me right for trying to be a smart arse. 

3 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Lol! Reminds me of the 2nd or third time I was asked for my name in Starbucks, I gave the name Vim Fuego- that’s one for the kids! I was severely disappointed when some girl called Kim walked away with my coffee & toasted sandwich. Tbf, serves me right for trying to be a smart arse. 

That's Wilde

Neighbours have gone on holiday and rather than move their 2nd car onto their driveway they've left it parked on the street depriving people without a driveway a parking space. Might just tan their house then blame it on burglars like philpy did....

11 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Also on McDonalds, I can't believe people actually get their McD's delivered now. The food is barely hot by the time you've parked up at the drive-thru. I can't imagine what it'd be like after 25 minutes in a sweaty box.

McDonalds is a last roll of the dice convenience option at the best of times ( I had one this morning as there's f*ck all else open in Perth before 6am! ). Why people would go onto an app that has at their fingertips infinitely more choice available to them for the same price and wait time and then still choose a McDonald's is beyond me.  I blame the parents.  

On burglaries, many years ago my parent's neighbours went on holiday. They asked my mum to pop in each day and put out water and cat food for their cat. 

Mum went in one day and looked around. She thought that the cat had really been acting up - the place was a mess. Drawers pulled out, stuff smashed. Only when she saw that the back door had been kicked in did she realise that the cat has not ransacked the house, but burglars had. 

9 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Dave Gorman claims that he was in Starbucks and the guy in front ordered some exotic concoction which wasn't available, so he settled for something else. When it was Dave's turn he gave his name as the exotic concoction, forcing the guy to shout it out as if they'd made it specially for him.

1 hour ago, JamesP_81 said:

McDonalds is a last roll of the dice convenience option at the best of times ( I had one this morning as there's f*ck all else open in Perth before 6am! ). Why people would go onto an app that has at their fingertips infinitely more choice available to them for the same price and wait time and then still choose a McDonald's is beyond me.  I blame the parents.  

Food delivery prices have gone mental in Inverness, McDonalds is about the only place you can get a meal for under a tenner. 

On 15/04/2023 at 14:52, KingRocketman II said:

Eating scenes of course present real issues for actors in terms of continuity and more obviously having to say lines with their mouth's full. However in terms of having a conversation over dinner at the expense of eating, you could explain it through reasonable everyday circs ie conversational topic too important, stress, not hungry etc etc. Coffee cups are props introduced to strengthen the realism of the situation - being clearly empty has the complete opposite effect. 

One for the Film & TV Tropes thread is actors from the method school licking the tip of their thumb (no other finger) after using their hands to take a bite of something. Once noticed you can't unseen it. 

I give you every other scene with Brad Pitt, such a bad actor that they have to give him something to eat or drink to make him look human, but this is totally ruined by his fake drinking, eating, thumb licking twattery.

7 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

I give you every other scene with Brad Pitt, such a bad actor that they have to give him something to eat or drink to make him look human, but this is totally ruined by his fake drinking, eating, thumb licking twattery.

Or smoke!

A reflection of his real life at the time in True Romance which is one of my favourite movies!

IMG_1405.jpeg.3b2ff8251371564d8c7853d95a5cb4eb.jpeg

The place I work at always send out emails when a former employee has died.  You know, someone who's worked there and worked with a lot of people who still work here.

Got one this morning about a guy who retired in 1997, 26 fucking years ago, as if anyone working here will know who the fuck he was.

Who the fuck calls their dead spouses work from 26 years ago to tell them they've died ffs.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

The place I work at always send out emails when a former employee has died.  You know, someone who's worked there and worked with a lot of people who still work here.

Got one this morning about a guy who retired in 1997, 26 fucking years ago, as if anyone working here will know who the f**k he was.

Who the f**k calls their dead spouses work from 26 years ago to tell them they've died ffs.

Too soon m9 ffs.