Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Had a tin of soup for lunch. Opened the tin, poured it into the bowl, buttered some bread. Dipped the bread in and tasted it. 

Then realised I had forgotten to heat the soup. 

Should have completed the exacta by then trying to toast the buttered bread!

Edinburgh taxi drivers........was in Edinburgh for work last week so had to get a taxi from Haymarket to hotel.  Taxi driver gives me a receipt but its only now that I notice the receipt is titled "Turkish Culture and Tourist Office"  Need to explain that I was in Auld Reekie and not Ankara now.  Did he just nab some blank receipts whilst on holiday to save a few pennies?

When Croatia won the shoot out yesterday there were loafs of Japanese fans standing there filming them on their phones.

What the f**k is wrong with people? If that was Scotland I wouldn't be filming the opposition team celebrating. Why do this? Nobody cares for these shite little self taken videos anyway, just f**k off you idiots. 

23 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

Edinburgh taxi drivers........was in Edinburgh for work last week so had to get a taxi from Haymarket to hotel.  Taxi driver gives me a receipt but its only now that I notice the receipt is titled "Turkish Culture and Tourist Office"  Need to explain that I was in Auld Reekie and not Ankara now.  Did he just nab some blank receipts whilst on holiday to save a few pennies?

Must be used to dropping punters off at the local establishments in Leith.

15 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

When Croatia won the shoot out yesterday there were loafs of Japanese fans standing there filming them on their phones.

What the f**k is wrong with people? If that was Scotland I wouldn't be filming the opposition team celebrating. Why do this? Nobody cares for these shite little self taken videos anyway, just f**k off you idiots. 

If that was Scotland we'd be filming the Croatian wids in the crowd.

Grown adults who get excited about their birthday.

Fine, it's a nice day for them but do they really need to refer to it for weeks before? Also expecting other people to be happy for them like it's some massive achievement to still be kicking about since this time last year.

11 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Fine, it's a nice day for them but do they really need to refer to it for weeks before? Also expecting other people to be happy for them like it's some massive achievement to still be kicking about since this time last year.

42 days to mine, countdown is on.

Cannae fuckin wait! 

1 hour ago, thomas said:

Bananas there is a very fine line of when they are just right for eating.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there Thomas. Bananas are delicious when firm and sour, still with a bit of green on the skin right through to the soft aromatic flesh of the fully brown stage. So long as they aren't bruised or diseased there should be a window of at least a week, maybe up to two. 

Avocados however, have mere seconds between being bitter and rock hard and turning into black mush. 

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Thank you for your kind words on this special day 🎉🎂🍻

Edited by Bert Raccoon

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I'm going to have to disagree with you there Thomas. Bananas are delicious when firm and sour, still with a bit of green on the skin right through to the soft aromatic flesh of the fully brown stage. So long as they aren't bruised or diseased there should be a window of at least a week, maybe up to two. 

Avocados however, have mere seconds between being bitter and rock hard and turning into black mush. 

I took my bag to work a few weeks ago. Hadn't used it in a while. 

Put my hand in and felt wetness. It was a banana from weeks earlier that had turned black and liquified. 

As far as I'm concerned, it is...

You live in Ayrshire, of course its an achievement.

Reminds me of a line from 'The Big Bang Theory' when Leonard said he never had birthday parties when he was a child because his mother considered him being born was her achievement, not his.