Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

r/glasgow - Not to be a bad vibe but Royal Mail depot are getting beyond a joke

Many people miss parcels because they're at work, so I love the thinking that they can reduce the hours available to people to collect the parcels, but make the restricted hours at the start of the work day when most people will not be able to go due to being at or going to work. Who is the mail service actually supposed to serve?

The self service WAS to lower prices for you mugs.

Prices went up, and up and up you mugs.

Let's complain about service....

NOT ABOUT PRICES

ffs folks riot, like the French

Your all getting takin for a ride.

ENJOY1

20 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

The self service WAS to lower prices for you mugs.

Prices went up, and up and up you mugs.

Let's complain about service....

NOT ABOUT PRICES

ffs folks riot, like the French

Your all getting takin for a ride.

ENJOY1

Worst limerick ever!

Edited by jimbaxters

1 hour ago, Soapy FFC said:

Many people miss parcels because they're at work, so I love the thinking that they can reduce the hours available to people to collect the parcels, but make the restricted hours at the start of the work day when most people will not be able to go due to being at or going to work. Who is the mail service actually supposed to serve?

I find Royal Mail really good. Get a monthly box from CCG. The day before they due to deliver I get am email from Royal Mail saying they will deliver. If it isn't convenient I can reply to the email and select another date that does suit, and then get a confirmation email of the new date. Can be done multiple times if plans change. Compared to courier services and cards through doors they are light years ahead of Amazon/Evri/DPD etc. Even an option to get re-directed to shop/Post Office about 3min walk from flat without issue.

Who would go to a depot

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Folk who attach a dozen or so files to an email as individual files, rather than putting them in a single zip file (or whatever) first.

Nah, if they don't exceed the attachment size I'm buggered if I'm zipping them. Zip should only ever be used if the files are too big in my office. 

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

Nah, if they don't exceed the attachment size I'm buggered if I'm zipping them. Zip should only ever be used if the files are too big in my office. 

ETA that said it's rare to be emailing many attachments these days never mind multiples

13 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I occasionally shop at "The Range" when I'm driving out of Edinburgh.

Seems to me that even though there are no self service tills the staff would rather drink their own wee than staff the checkouts. It's particularly annoying as there an in store "Greggs" so you get folk buying a loaf and a carton of milk with one checkout open for a store that sells cards, furniture, garden stuff, household consumables and all sorts.

The most important part of a shop is the speed that the customers can get out of it once they've chosen their purchases but sometimes it's almost like being held hostage.

That only applies to men.

15 hours ago, Molotov said:

Adverts on YouTube are bad enough but the last few days I’ve had Royal Mail advertising Christmas deliveries.

Are they that fcuked as an organisation that they need to advertise in July?

Aye. Tends to happen when board members take millions upon millions in bonuses. 

3 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Just wait, my sister works for Royal Mail and said there was initial plans to stop offering this at the local sorting office and all parcels would be sent back to a central depot for collection. No idea how far they got with it though 

This was indeed the plan but the CWU pushed back on it. It’ll no doubt come round again though. 

Getting so sick of the obvious photoshop(often quite bad)/AI generated pish that gets posted to social media that always seems to attract a ton of "OMG that's so beautiful" style replies compared to the work of actual artists/photographers.

There's a flat out the back that has the smoke alarm going off far, far too often. It goes off at least once a day, often multiple times, and can last from a couple of minutes to an hour, and can (and doea) happen any time from morning (not too early thankfully) to late at night (too late sadly).

The fire brigade were out last week because of it (presumably someone called them since the alarm was going off so often that day; it must have went off about 20 times).

The f**k are the folk in that flat doing?

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Who the f**k is emailing files in 2023? 

That’s what SharePoint is for.

You must have missed (what I thought was an edit but turned out to be a quote) post immediately after basically saying that very thing. Rare these days but I have a few clients who still want files by email

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

You must have missed (what I thought was an edit but turned out to be a quote) post immediately after basically saying that very thing. Rare these days but I have a few clients who still want files by email

Fair enough. Get they clients tae f**k though.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

There's a flat out the back that has the smoke alarm going off far, far too often. It goes off at least once a day, often multiple times, and can last from a couple of minutes to an hour, and can (and doea) happen any time from morning (not too early thankfully) to late at night (too late sadly).

The fire brigade were out last week because of it (presumably someone called them since the alarm was going off so often that day; it must have went off about 20 times).

The f**k are the folk in that flat doing?

Straightening their hair? There used to be lassies in our halls of residence who would set the alarm off in this manner at least once a week.

Solved