Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just back from Majorca, hotel restaurant was buffet service and had a hot grill area which had three bowls of different sauces.  Along came a female, who was old enough to know better, lifted the spoon from one of the bowls of sauce tasted it and put the spoon back in the bowl. She was totally nonplussed about it but her husband heard my comments and said nothing. Staff informed and bowl removed.  Clarity B**tard.

21 minutes ago, Crazy Days said:

Just back from Majorca, hotel restaurant was buffet service and had a hot grill area which had three bowls of different sauces.  Along came a female, who was old enough to know better, lifted the spoon from one of the bowls of sauce tasted it and put the spoon back in the bowl. She was totally nonplussed about it but her husband heard my comments and said nothing. Staff informed and bowl removed.  Clarity B**tard.

What kind of sauce was it?

55 minutes ago, Crazy Days said:

Bit of advice at these buffets. 

Avoid using the serving utensils that dozens of folk have had their grubby paws on, unless you use a napkin

2 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Bit of advice at these buffets. 

Avoid using the serving utensils that dozens of folk have had their grubby paws on, unless you use a napkin

Even better advice re. these buffets is.........

Avoid these fvcking buffets like the plague................

Unless you fancy catching the plague.

2 hours ago, Crazy Days said:

Should've seen it coming.

2 hours ago, Crazy Days said:

You should have put a bullet through its skull.

6 hours ago, Crazy Days said:

Clatty bassa's like that should  be extradited on the spot, and have their passports permanently cancelled on return home. Filthy fkr.

On 26/08/2023 at 09:09, FK1Bairn said:

This is either a PTTGOYN or one for the Pregnancy and Parenting thread but from about lunchtime today my 8 year old son has been trying to put an Ultimate FIFA team together via some app/website. He keeps asking me who the best RB/LB/CB/CM/GK's in the world are. 

I've now realised that my knowledge of world football is really really poor  

Just have him memorise the Falkirk team.

ETA: f**k off @Bairnardo

Edited by Shotgun

On 27/08/2023 at 09:28, Sergeant Wilson said:

Who still tests? Man up, it's the cold!

2 folk in my team reported testing positive last week and week before, had to WFH instead of coming into the office.

Cough, cough need to have a test next week

35 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

2 folk in my team reported testing positive last week and week before, had to WFH instead of coming into the office.

Cough, cough need to have a test next week

Fair do's, I hadn't thought of the cheat value. Noted for future reference

Got stung on the arse by a wasp this morning, which I assume is some sort of revenge for Falkirk humping Alloa at the weekend.

Was just strolling along the canal towpath minding my own business when it happened as well.

9 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Got stung on the arse by a wasp this morning, which I assume is some sort of revenge for Falkirk humping Alloa at the weekend.

Was just strolling along the canal towpath minding my own business when it happened as well.

No wasps. 

Get to Falkirk

donandgeorge.jpg.16269b656cf69fb5b8c65367024be472.jpg

27 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

They are particularly seething at this time of year as the cold begins to bring the curtain down on a (short) lifetime of being nasty little b*****ds. 

Spoiler

Or at least that's how it was when Barry Ferguson was managing them

Edited by Bairnardo

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

They are particularly seething at this time of year as the cold begins to bring the curtain down on a (short) lifetime of being nasty little b*****ds. 

Now that I think about it one of our dogs got stung on the arse last week. We must just have a particularly pervy wasp on our walking route.

Have either broken a tooth or the filling has fallen out - did not feel anything until this morning. Went to dentist first thing and explained what the problem was.  Unless it is swollen or I am in extreme pain there is no available appointment until January. The receptionist suggest going to the Chemists and get a temporary filling kit!

What a state out Health Service is in.