Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Ho hum. A kind of typical morning -  the wind has dropped, the sun is shining, a phone call from my Bank Security Department (tel number 01622758073), 2 Emails with urgent package delivery notifications, signing on to P & B only to find V T full of his usual piss and vinegar.  Oh, and a PTTGOYN thread

57 minutes ago, throbber said:

Has anyone else’s fire alarm gone off for no reason in middle of night and only for a matter of seconds before? This happened last night and was terrifying.

Definitely being haunted imgho. Watch Paranormal Activity for further advice. 

21 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Definitely being haunted imgho. Watch Paranormal Activity for further advice. 

That would explain why I was aggressively dragged out of my bed by the ankles the night before I suppose. I was wondering what that was

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Has anyone else’s fire alarm gone off for no reason in middle of night and only for a matter of seconds before? This happened last night and was terrifying.

If the batteries are low a drop in temperature can set them off apparently, that or your kid having a sneaky smoke or vape. 

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If the batteries are low a drop in temperature can set them off apparently, that or your kid having a sneaky smoke or vape. 

That could be it as it’s certainly dropped. Kids aren’t smoking yet as they’re 2 and 5. Nobody was cooking in kitchen for hours before so there was no smoke we were all in bed.

Even though I know they're not, my brain keeps telling me that the Broomloan and Copland stands are at the east and west sides of Ibrox, respectively. 

It's the only ground I 'see the wrong way around' on TV, and normally I'm able to point north at any given location.  I think I presumed the away fans were put into the SE when I watched as a kid, and it's evidently stuck. 😒

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Even though I know they're not, my brain keeps telling me that the Broomloan and Copland stands are at the east and west sides of Ibrox, respectively. 

It's the only ground I 'see the wrong way around' on TV, and normally I'm able to point north at any given location.  I think I presumed the away fans were put into the SE when I watched as a kid, and it's evidently stuck. 😒

How do you think I feel? I've lived within sight of the stadium my entire life and I only realised two weeks ago that it's Copland, not Copeland. I'm adamant it got changed and everybody's lying to me. Like Walkers changing the colours of salt and vinegar/cheese and onion.

4 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

All football stadia must have the TV cameras in the South Stand pointing north. 

Not my ruling, the ruling of UEFA.

For Rugby, it’s the West Stand.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

How do you think I feel? I've lived within sight of the stadium my entire life and I only realised two weeks ago that it's Copland, not Copeland. I'm adamant it got changed and everybody's lying to me. Like Walkers changing the colours of salt and vinegar/cheese and onion.

Was the spelling on the street sign not a giveaway every time you passed it?

On 19/09/2023 at 23:28, TxRover said:

Local news just posted a Christmas countdown clock…f**k off!

On 20/09/2023 at 13:53, tamthebam said:

My workmate just bought a packet of Christmas themed Pigs in Blankets flavoured crisps (he claims he likes them, I think he's OFTW). 

My local lidl have boxes of mince pies for sale. 🤬🤬🤬

On 20/09/2023 at 14:32, PSJ.84 said:

Newcastle are one of the richest clubs in Europe, that they managed to finish third in the Premier League is a decent achievement, but way short of a fairytale.  Money obviously doesn’t guarantee success but they’ve spent about £400m on players since the new owners arrived. I think only Chelsea better that? Who knows what the f**k Chelsea are up to though. 

If Leicester hadn’t won the league in 15/16 but still qualified for the Champions League, I’d still be willing to accept that being a fairytale. Shite before winning the league and shite immediately after, so it at least had that once in a generation/lifetime element to it. Newcastle are most likely here to stay. 

And don't forget they played in the Champions League as recently as 2003.