Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

38 minutes ago, BFTD said:

This weekend, I will be working a 13-hour night shift, one hour of which I will not be paid for. I was not scheduled for the mirror shift back in March.

Go for a lot of long toilet breaks.

12 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

My brother is the same. Why anyone would work an extra hour for free is beyond me. 

In my last place in Dundee (a textile mill) we tried both ways - paid folk for 11 hours/13hours or 12hours for both.  Most said they preferred the 12 hours system. 

These sorts of people (#2) from my WhatsApp group:

Person 1: Does anybody in the Edinburgh area have a couple of spare sleeping bags that I can borrow for visitors on [insert date]

Person 2: I do.

Person 1: Excellent, thanks.  Where do you stay?

Person 2: Skye.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

These sorts of people (#2) from my WhatsApp group:

Person 1: Does anybody in the Edinburgh area have a couple of spare sleeping bags that I can borrow for visitors on [insert date]

Person 2: I do.

Person 1: Excellent, thanks.  Where do you stay?

Person 2: Skye.

I have an acquaintance who is very much in the mould of Person 1 here.

"I've got guests coming, does anyone have a blow up bed I can borrow?"

"I'm going to Benidorm, have you got any European plug adapters?"

If you can afford a couple of grand for a holiday you can afford a few quid to buy your own adapters, you tight git. (Or do the sensible thing and take a 3 or 4 gang extension cable with you and you'll only need the one adapter). These are the type of cnuts who love to borrow stuff but more often than not need a reminder to fucking return it.

45 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

. (Or do the sensible thing and take a 3 or 4 gang extension cable with you and you'll only need the one adapter). 

This is the biggest bit of sensible advice since I took my firestick on holiday with me this year, saved me having to watch all the shitey hotel channels.

1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

I have an acquaintance who is very much in the mould of Person 1 here.

"I've got guests coming, does anyone have a blow up bed I can borrow?"

"I'm going to Benidorm, have you got any European plug adapters?"

These are the type of cnuts who love to borrow stuff but more often than not need a reminder to fucking return it.

My experience of this is forgetting all about it and then realising they still have it when I pack the night before.  😒

That or just forgetting where these things are in the house, as illustrated by the growing collection of adapters I've accumulated.

Edited by Hedgecutter