Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 27/02/2024 at 21:57, Rugster said:

I’ve probably told this before but the Queen died on my wee boys birthday and just as we were singing hip hip hooray was the exact moment the flag was lowered and Huw the paedo announced it. I love to think what anyone walking past hearing the celebrations would have thought. 

Jaki? Is that you?

www-facebook-com-jaki-chippy-759126284.jpg

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Aye, I remember those days - the strands of wool glued on for hair and the felt from the pen seeping through into the egg.  Happy days! 

James McFadden's  Friday night Championship coverage on BBC Scotland

4 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

We were lucky to get boiled egg and a felt tip pen to decorate it ourselves.

You were lucky. 

We 'ad to go down to t'football with magic marker and quickly paint a face on Jim Duffy's bald heid when he was taking a corner. 

30 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

You were lucky. 

We 'ad to go down to t'football with magic marker and quickly paint a face on Jim Duffy's bald heid when he was taking a corner. 

I remember seeing Jim Duffy play for Dundee against East Fife in the 80s. A Dee fan was saying he was the greatest centre half never to have been capped for Scotland so me and my mates watched him. Every time he got the ball - every single time - he booted it out the park. Not a single pass, he just leathered the thing every...single...time.

The Microsoft | La Liga* "Beyond Stats" nonsense. It's not beyond stats, it's still regular fucking stats.

*shocked that they didn't go with Microsoft x La Liga. That "x" collaboration shite got tired a long time ago.

- DiegoDiego x P&B

7 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Anyway, petty hate for today. Queuing for a coffee and eyeing the one empty table, only for an auld couple to bags it before one of them joined the queue. Arsehole behaviour of the first order. 

You should have put your jacket over that chair and put an open newspaper on the table before joining the queue. Works every time. So I'm told.

8 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

I remember seeing Jim Duffy play for Dundee against East Fife in the 80s. A Dee fan was saying he was the greatest centre half never to have been capped for Scotland so me and my mates watched him. Every time he got the ball - every single time - he booted it out the park. Not a single pass, he just leathered the thing every...single...time.

Scottish Cup replay 1986-87?

We should have won the game at Dens Park.

BTW Jim Duffy was an outstanding fitbawer

22 minutes ago, Dan Steele said:

You should have put your jacket over that chair and put an open newspaper on the table before joining the queue. Works every time. So I'm told.

The same technique can be used at work. Leave your computer on screen saver, and a spare coat over the back of your chair when you go home at night. In the morning people will think you're in early when they get into the office. 

16 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Anyway, petty hate for today. Queuing for a coffee and eyeing the one empty table, only for an auld couple to bags it before one of them joined the queue. Arsehole behaviour of the first order. 

Genuinely never considered that to be arsehole behaviour.  Me, the wife and son always do that.  Strange if all 3 of us queued up to order and then looked for a table IMO.  

47 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Genuinely never considered that to be arsehole behaviour.  Me, the wife and son always do that.  Strange if all 3 of us queued up to order and then looked for a table IMO.  

Aye, through the door, "grab a table". Foolish and naive to do otherwise. 

However, the morbidly obese mother/daughter partnerships that pull this shit in the till queues at Home Bargains should be sent to the salt mines. One of them going back because they forgot tea bags or something is fine. Turning up to join the front of the queue with a basket full of a weeks groceries and kids clothes is taking the piss. 

11 hours ago, Raidernation said:

f**k off! I know what AI is.

Anal Injection, no wonder all you auld boys are scared of it.

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Aye, through the door, "grab a table". Foolish and naive to do otherwise. 

However, the morbidly obese mother/daughter partnerships that pull this shit in the till queues at Home Bargains should be sent to the salt mines. One of them going back because they forgot tea bags or something is fine. Turning up to join the front of the queue with a basket full of a weeks groceries and kids clothes is taking the piss. 

We get that where I am as well, and on an industrial scale; one of the pair joins the queue with a half-full trolley and the other finishes the shopping - and not just a couple of things either.  While I'm at it - it's a thing where I am amongst young 'uns to join 2 queues and then one of the pair will jump across to the queue which is about to be served 1st at the last minute.  C***S!

OK - a last one as it happened this morning.  I was turning into a busy car park where there was a fountain which served as a roundabout (or circles as we call them in the civilised world ).  The guy in the truck behind actually took the roundabout in the wrong direction to cut in front of me to grab the last parking spot (last laugh on him though as the security guard moved  a few cones to let me park so a bit of a minter for truck man).