Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Went to a pub quiz last night and out of 80 questions there wasn't one geography question amongst them. Every pub quiz should have a geography quiz - it's the one I usually pick up half my points in!!!

What did they replace it with? - the f***ing Olympics. What was the sports round completely dominated by? That's right, the f***ing Olympics, including previous winners of the heptathlon.

Grrrr. dry.gif

The quality of driving is getting worse. I don't claim to be the best driver in the world but I am concious of what is going on around me. Some people drive like they're only aware of what is happening about 10 yards in front of them.

Also people sitting in the outside lane of dual carraigeways/motorways below the maximum speed limit when there's sod all in the inside lane. :angry:

Walking towards someone in the street and you go left, they go left, you then go right then they go right and so on a few times before your too close and have to do a big "sorry!" then walking away feeling like a tool and thinking "why did I not just pick one side and follow it through"

This happened to me on Monday at the supermarket with some absolutely smoking hot Asian chick. I'm positive she thought I was trying to impede her progress so I could make an artless pass at her, but I really wasn't - I wanted to get home and eat my pretzels that I'd just bought while watching South Beach Tow.

This happened to me on Monday at the supermarket with some absolutely smoking hot Asian chick. I'm positive she thought I was trying to impede her progress so I could make an artless pass at her, but I really wasn't - I wanted to get home and eat my pretzels that I'd just bought while watching South Beach Tow.

Pick a side, walk towards it in a straight line and break eye-contact. They'll move over to the otherside quickly enough.

If everyone used the same system we use on the roads and keep to the left hand side of the other person then this wouldn't be an issue. You don't hear "I hate it when you're driving along, there's a car coming towards you and it's serving all over the place as you try to get past"... oh, you do actually on single track roads. I'll save that whinge for another day, involving passing places and folk forcing you onto the grass verge."

Edited by Hedgecutter

How bad British management is.

A BSC in managment must consist of the following points:

1. Hit people with stick

2. Do not help them in any way

3. Talk down to them

4. Wonder why everything is going wrong

5. Run away

6. Get another plum job and repeat from step 1.

Really despair sometimes.

Like an above poster, I'm also here to moan about the Olympics. My Higher English Close Reading paper today was on the Olympics, and it was a really shite paper. And the Crtitical Essay questions were awful into the bargain.

Came out the exam knowing I did really badly which is a 1st. Seething.

BT

For some reason, my mum wanted to get a bar put on the phone - so we need to type in a special code in order to make phone calls to mobile numbers. Fair enough. It's no hassle. They sent out an engineer to come and have a look at our BT Home HUB for absolutely no reason whatsoever and he said everything was fine, not quite sure why he was being sent out here. He said there was nothing he could do. We called them again yesterday explaining this and they finally understood what we wanted so they gave us the code and told us it would be sorted in the morning. The morning came and our phone now isn't working at all - even with this code thing. So we e-mailed them to get them to call us on a mobile phone because our house phone can't make or receive calls. Their solution? To plug and unplug the phone line and try again. We did it, again (this was obviously the first thing we did...) but nothing, so they said that they're going to send another engineer on Monday to try and sort this out. Fucking Monday. Despite my best protests to get them to not do this, what is the engineer going to do? He couldn't do anything the first time. It's not our problem. It was BT who turned off our phone - they can turn it back on again. The engineer said they can do it by a flick of a switch. FUCKING DO IT THEN :angry:

Edited by Smurph

This isn't petty, it really f***ing annoys me!

The Shell garage:

The simple weekly chore of going to fill up my car really gets my blood boiling.

Pull up at he pump, get out. Some **** wants to fill up my car that doesn't even look capable of tying his own shoe laces.

Wait at the pump for 4 1/2 minutes before the woman finishes stocking the fridge and shelves (busy periods)/ finishes blethering to her pal (off peak) and switches it on.

Fill up car. Go in to pay. Take my place at the back of the 2 man queue. Wait 7 minutes to get served. Finally get to the till and get bombarded with "Offers".

"Can I interest you in 2 bottles of juice for £2.00?"

"Can I interest you in 2 Mars bars for £1.00?"

"2 packets of chewing gum for a pound?"

NO! I JUST WANT TO PAY FOR MY F***ING PETROL! IT'S A PETROL STATION! NOT A F***ING SWEETIE SHOP!

If I wanted juice, sweeties or chewing gum, I would get it off the shelf. 2 Mars bars for a pound and 2 bottles of Pepsi for £2.00 aren't "offers"!

mad.gif

Flatmates who come in wasted, turn on the oven full-blast with plastic-covered chicken breasts inside, then fall asleep. Almost results in a fire. Fireman says we are lucky to have survived. Up all night because of this, and no longer have a job because I didn't come in due to tiredness. Great day.

Edited by The Real Saints

The Shell garage:

The simple weekly chore of going to fill up my car really gets my blood boiling.

Pull up at he pump, get out. Some **** wants to fill up my car that doesn't even look capable of tying his own shoe laces.

Wait at the pump for 4 1/2 minutes before the woman finishes stocking the fridge and shelves (busy periods)/ finishes blethering to her pal (off peak) and switches it on.

Fill up car. Go in to pay. Take my place at the back of the 2 man queue. Wait 7 minutes to get served. Finally get to the till and get bombarded with "Offers".

NO! I JUST WANT TO PAY FOR MY F***ING PETROL! IT'S A PETROL STATION! NOT A F***ING SWEETIE SHOP!

If I wanted juice, sweeties or chewing gum, I would get it off the shelf. 2 Mars bars for a pound and 2 bottles of Pepsi for £2.00 aren't "offers"!

mad.gif

While I agree those upsells are bloody annoying (and the staff are forced to do them), why not pay at the pump with a debit card?

The Shell garage:

mad.gif

I usually feel a bit sorry for the person behind the counter in that situation, they are clearly forced into it and you can tell most of them are cringing like mad.

Flatmates who come in wasted, turn on the oven full-blast with plastic-covered chicken breasts inside, then fall asleep. Almost results in a fire. Fireman says we are lucky to have survived. Up all night because of this, and no longer have a job because I didn't come in due to tiredness. Great day.

Thats brutal

Least your safe though

blue peter, not watched it in years, but they are making some sot of jubilee pudding, basically a blue layer, a red layer and a white layer. The 'blue' layer is blackcurrant jelly. That's not blue, it's purple. nae wonder so many people grow up not knowing the difference.

Like an above poster, I'm also here to moan about the Olympics. My Higher English Close Reading paper today was on the Olympics, and it was a really shite paper. And the Crtitical Essay questions were awful into the bargain.

Came out the exam knowing I did really badly which is a 1st. Seething.

I feel your pain, that close reading was p***! dry.gif