Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

From Wikipedia: "Dialectical materialism is a strand of Marxism, synthesizing Hegel's dialectics, which proposes that every economic order grows to a state of maximum efficiency, while simultaneously developing internal contradictions and weaknesses that contribute to its systemic decay."

So, basically, the fact that Simon Harwood has been found innocent, along with the fact that the police have a long history of protecting their own as I said previously, this shows an example of dialectical materialism, whereby we have a relatively advanced, well off, forward-thinking society, but internal corruption such as the Harwood example is a sign of an internal decay of that very society.

I would agree with that other than the relatively advanced and forward-thinking bit. :)

Seriously I think we're far from the stage where the inherent weaknesses of capitalism is going to lead to its downfall. We are only half way through a recession brought about by greed and avarice and already the culprits, who have never really been punished, are back making millions. We have no real political choice in this country and the last Labour prime minister is a war criminal and a leech. And even the leader of the SNP is beginning to look like someone who will sell out for the sake of political expediency.

I'm sure Marx used dialectical 'analysis' to predict that the first country that would see a workers uprising would be Britain, at that time one of the most industrially advanced nations. He got that pretty wrong.

I posted about a situation last Friday night, and the same thing happened tonight.

When said person (withholding name, not on PnB but he knows a few that are) started his pish again, I called him an arrogant and ignorant fucker.

He was saying things as he passed by me in the pub and when pulled up about it, denied it.

What a doncaster of a man.

Arrogant cuntmouse*

*copyright DundeeBarry

I posted about a situation last Friday night, and the same thing happened tonight.

When said person (withholding name, not on PnB but he knows a few that are) started his pish again, I called him an arrogant and ignorant fucker.

He was saying things as he passed by me in the pub and when pulled up about it, denied it.

What a doncaster of a man.

Arrogant cuntmouse*

*copyright DundeeBarry

Sounds like a right shite bag Sammy.

The Republican March (debated on here last year) is currently going through Denny and Dunipace.

Wallopers one and all, and that includes those protesting against it complete with Union flags and Tcfkar tops.

Seriously, get a fucking life

The Republican March (debated on here last year) is currently going through Denny and Dunipace.

Wallopers one and all, and that includes those protesting against it complete with Union flags and Tcfkar tops.

Seriously, get a fucking life

I thought that had been postponed? You're right though, wallopers one and all

a traffic report on Radio Scotland "there are reports of slow traffic moving eastwards on the Edinburgh City bypass between Sheriffhall and Gilmerton".

Given that the Gilmerton turn off is WEST of Sheriffhall, it's bloody impossible to move eastwards between Sheriffhall and Gilmerton. Of course, I don't expect the weegee biased media to have a clue about the geography of Scotland's capital but I still found it annoying.

a traffic report on Radio Scotland "there are reports of slow traffic moving eastwards on the Edinburgh City bypass between Sheriffhall and Gilmerton".

Given that the Gilmerton turn off is WEST of Sheriffhall, it's bloody impossible to move eastwards between Sheriffhall and Gilmerton. Of course, I don't expect the weegee biased media to have a clue about the geography of Scotland's capital but I still found it annoying.

Steady on son, Traffic moving on the eastbound carriageway between Sheriffhall and Gilmerton was slow moving.

What's all the fuss about?

Steady on son, Traffic moving on the eastbound carriageway between Sheriffhall and Gilmerton was slow moving.

What's all the fuss about?

they should have said between Gilmerton and Sheriffhall to be factually correct. Would they have said "slow moving traffic on the M8 eastbound between Charing Cross and Ibrox" for example? I doubt it.

anyway it was just a petty thing that got on my nerves.

they should have said between Gilmerton and Sheriffhall to be factually correct. Would they have said "slow moving traffic on the M8 eastbound between Charing Cross and Ibrox" for example? I doubt it.

anyway it was just a petty thing that got on my nerves.

To make it easy All Edinburgh traffic is slow moving All the time.

Back home after two weeks in Cyprus. Apparently it was one of the hottest periods they've had in Cyprus for years, a warm front came in from Syria meaning that temperatures were 35 degrees plus for most of the time we were there. If I were there now I'd have just had a freshly picked orange for breakfast, maybe some Muesli with Greek yoghurt, and would be doing some lengths in our private pool. As things stand I'm off to buy the papers and see whether or not my team is going to go bust due to this Sevco pish.

On a postive note I can now flush bog roll down the toilet, a blessed relief.