Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People that refer to their parents simply as mum/dad (without the 'my' at the front) when talking to folk outside of their family.

Them: "Yeah, dad hasn't been feeling well this week".

Me: What? I never knew my dad was ill... and that you're my sister!

Yeah, this bothers me too. It's a very "Primary School" thing to do. Like girls who say "Daddy".

The price of food in Waxy's in Glasgow.

Do people actually pay those prices?

The fish and chips for example is nearly double the price of the fish and chips in auctioneers, a 2 minute walk away.

Guess what I had for lunch and where from?

Caviar from Waxy's?

It was my birthday yesterday, and another one of my mates turns 30 tomorrow. As I don't bother celebrating my birthdays, my mate invited everyone out for a curry last night to celebrate his birthday (which of course fell on my birthday).

So my wife and I happily went along to it, with a big group of our chums, and had a great night. But it turns out that two of our mates and their partners didn't receive their invites, and they're now taking a massive cream puff with me for not inviting them to "my" birthday dinner.

Jesus fucking Christ. Why do folk have to bother being so immature?

It was my birthday yesterday, and another one of my mates turns 30 tomorrow. As I don't bother celebrating my birthdays, my mate invited everyone out for a curry last night to celebrate his birthday (which of course fell on my birthday).

So my wife and I happily went along to it, with a big group of our chums, and had a great night. But it turns out that two of our mates and their partners didn't receive their invites, and they're now taking a massive cream puff with me for not inviting them to "my" birthday dinner.

Because you're just the worst, Gaz.

Tell the silly fuckers you'll take them for a happy meal the next time. Sounds like their kind of thing.

Edited by philpy