Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Yeah I'm sure you do. :rolleyes:

Dammit, you're right. I have no friends, no family, and I spend all my time alone contemplating self harm. If only I had the confidence to go and meet up with a bunch of strangers for a day of wasted drinking. :(

You're not doing very well at changing my perception of you as an attention seeker, xbl :(

I'm already at the top of the food chain. I did the hard work years ago, and you're not high enough for me to worry about. See, this wouldn't be an issue for you if it wasn't for your own reputation.

Shouldn't be hard for you to find examples then. :)

I have no intention of dancing to the tune of a sad auld bitter centralparker wannabe. Maybe your personal life is shite, maybe you just fancy noising folk up, whatever.

I have no intention of dancing to the tune of a sad auld bitter centralparker wannabe. Maybe your personal life is shite, maybe you just fancy noising folk up, whatever.

Nobody asked you to get involved in the debate. I'll take it from your answer that you can't find any examples to support your original assertion.

You and Standfree share on thing in common, if you spoke to people in real life the way you do on here you'd get kick your arses kicked. For example if you seriously told me to my face that you were 'further up the food chain' than me in any respect I'd hit you over the head.

Standfree's a wee keyboard warrior that's had a go at me recently but your a condescending p***k. You go a long time without showing it but eventually you just can't help yourself.

Thing is, though, is that we're on a (relatively, anyway, in that everyone is at least distinguished by a username and avatar) anonymous forum here.

Some people will come on P&B and be pretty friendly/light-hearted, some will aim to provide information and settle misconceptions they see in the media, some people will get into a lot of heated arguments, some will come across as being incredibly weird/stalkerish - I'm genuinely not talking about any one individual here because I don't want to cause a shitstorm, just making a general point - but at the same time it's a fallacy to try to judge people in the "real world" based on the way they act here.

I mean I hate saying that because it feels like such a Captain Obvious point to be making, but it's amazing how often people will try to attribute certain characteristics to posters (usually negative for the less popular ones on here - lonely, virgin, loser etc.) with no real knowledge of that person beyond how they post on here - could well be that they do talk in a similar manner in real life, could be that they're actually very friendly and reserved but take the opportunity on P&B to say whatever they want without fear of reprisal, could be any number of things. My favourite example of this is the poster on here, Craig Burley, who regularly posts in the Tartan Army forum with several typos. Said typos usually draw the stale wit of a few P&Bers mocking him for being an idiot incapable of spelling, before someone explains that Craig is partially deaf, and types the way he signs. I think I was guilty of taking the piss out of an Ayr fan not long after I joined who posted with very poor punctuation before someone informed me that he had something similar to Craig Burley. I did, genuinely, feel a touch guilty after that.

I personally tend to agree that people should at least try to remain civil on here. It's not possible 100% of the time, younger/newer posters may get a touch more easilly wound-up by certain posters styles and some topics (I'm thinking chiefly of the whole Rangers/Sevco thing here, which is even now still causing some heated conversations on here) are going to be very emotive. But as a rule of thumb, showing a bit of self-awareness and being polite to other posters is the right way to go.

Why would I want to? No disrespect, but I have better things to do with my weekends than spend it with a bunch of strangers.

So you're happy to interact with strangers over the internet at the weekend but see it as a problem to do so face to face?

I'll take it from your answer that you can't find any examples to support your original assertion.

Probably (if I could be bothered wasting time on you), but that would be almost as sad as threatening someone on an internet forum that's 25 years younger than you.

Probably (if I could be bothered wasting time on you), but that would be almost as sad as threatening someone on an internet forum that's 25 years younger than you.

Whatever you say, I'll let you have the last word on it.

I personally tend to agree that people should at least try to remain civil on here. It's not possible 100% of the time, younger/newer posters may get a touch more easilly wound-up by certain posters styles and some topics (I'm thinking chiefly of the whole Rangers/Sevco thing here, which is even now still causing some heated conversations on here) are going to be very emotive. But as a rule of thumb, showing a bit of self-awareness and being polite to other posters is the right way to go.

I personally try to not respond to posters based on their past reputation, but judge them solely on the content of their posts. I try to refrain from personal abuse.

So you're happy to interact with strangers over the internet at the weekend but see it as a problem to do so face to face?

Well yeah. This forum is basically my replacement for tv, but much more entertaining!

Granny Danger in his piss-stained bedsit talking about how urine was better in his day. Teckle. Etc.

1. That comment relates to nothing at all, your just trying, unsuccessfully, to jump on a bandwagon.

2. Middle class, Thistle supporting law students can't use 'Teckle' in their posts. I thought you would have known that.

ETA pleased to hear about your good news, hope it all goes well.

Edited by Granny Danger

xbl, I'm gonna give you some advice here. No one cares if you're "top of the food chain". It's just a forum, for talking about football. Jeez

Which despite my attempts to give you advice I might add, you managed to get repeatedly banned from.

Guest The Phoenix

I spend all my time alone contemplating self harm.

“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” ;)

I've met xbl in real life. He's not my cup of tea as a close friend but I'm probably not his first choice either.

Doesn't make him (or me) a bad person.

Whatever you say, I'll let you have the last word on it.

I'm very, very disappointed in you Granny, backing down with such a pathetic whimper; get back in there and fight your corner.

Just because Peter Houston bails out when the going gets tough doesn't mean you have to too.