Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Got an e-mail in work a month or so ago offering students a temporary increase in hours when they were off uni/college or whatever. Increased mine by 10 hours so I was doing 30 hours a week. Got my payslip today and I was about £400 short. Phoned HR and they said my increase was only supposed to last until the 1st of January. This was despite them sending me a contract which stated the increase would last until the 31st of January! They finally, albeit reluctantly, agreed that it was their error and I was entitled to the money I worked for but it looks like I won't get paid in full by payday on Friday and I'll have to get the rest of it mid-way through February. Absolutely raging and I had budgeted for receiving my full wage on time so I'm having to put a few things on hold because of their incompetence. The irony of it is, if someone paid them late they'd bombard you with phone calls, letters etc until you pay up.

It's also my 18th birthday tomorrow and I'm doing a 12-8 shift in the place. Seething.

If its their error can they not BACS it into your account directly??

Saves you waiting until next payday

Edited by zidane's child

A w****r in Glasgow Uni's gym, wearing jeans while doing 'exercise', which consisted of a single rep at the same weights machine... a check of the watch, then his mobile phone, then the watch again... and another rep two minutes later. And so on. For twenty minutes at a time. I wouldn't be averse to water-boarding people who fail to grasp even basic gym etiquette.

Sub-human scum.

Edited by vikingTON

A w****r in Glasgow Uni's gym, wearing jeans while doing 'exercise', which consisted of a single rep at the same weights machine... a check of the watch, then his mobile phone, then the watch again... and another rep two minutes later. And so on. For twenty minutes at a time. I wouldn't be adverse to water-boarding people who fail to grasp even basic gym etiquette.

Sub-human scum.

Following on from the "Robbed at the gym" thread I 'd suggest this suspicious character is the look out for a band of thieving foreigners rifling through the lockers. Better keep an eye on your stuff VT.

Either that or he's some sort of perv?

A w****r in Glasgow Uni's gym, wearing jeans while doing 'exercise', which consisted of a single rep at the same weights machine... a check of the watch, then his mobile phone, then the watch again... and another rep two minutes later. And so on. For twenty minutes at a time. I wouldn't be adverse to water-boarding people who fail to grasp even basic gym etiquette.

Sub-human scum.

*averse

Following on from the "Robbed at the gym" thread I 'd suggest this suspicious character is the look out for a band of thieving foreigners rifling through the lockers. Better keep an eye on your stuff VT.

Either that or he's some sort of perv?

Apart from his sweaty handed voyeuristic gym visits he hits on another valid point.

. (Maybe he should exercise in private ;) )

...students are scum, subhuman scum.

Edited by jagfox144

Two for me:

There's an "Old Falkirk In Pictures" Facebook page that is really good for seeing old photos of the area. But recently it's just become folk posting pictures of their own family sixty years ago. I'm not interested in what Old Jeannie from Fairley Street used to look like whilst doing her washing.

I'm also annoyed at the Tayside and Central location on the BBC website. I don't like being lumped in with Tayside. There's never any news about Falkirk. It's always about schemey Dundee minks being prosecuted for stealing from Gregg's or something like that.

Just re-read my post, I think 17 year olds are legal now aren't they?

Get him pumped philpy.

Correct.

Pretty sure you also (jokingly obviously) called Lembit Opik a beast 2-3 days ago for inappropriate advances towards a girl who was - guess what? - 17 at the time of the alleged incident. While creepy if true, certaintly not a beast.

Two for me:There's an "Old Falkirk In Pictures" Facebook page that is really good for seeing old photos of the area. But recently it's just become folk posting pictures of their own family sixty years ago. I'm not interested in what Old Jeannie from Fairley Street used to look like whilst doing her washing.I'm also annoyed at the Tayside and Central location on the BBC website. I don't like being lumped in with Tayside. There's never any news about Falkirk. It's always about schemey Dundee minks being prosecuted for stealing from Gregg's or something like that.

It's because nobody gives a f**k about Falkirk.

Simple as that really.