Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I was wondering how the homeless folk would know about it!

When I first read about the idea, that's how it was "sold", for want of a better word. I would be more than happy to buy a suspended coffee if I knew it was going to get picked up by someone that needed it. I wouldn't even care if it was picked up by someone who just a bit skint rather than homeless but I'm buggered if I'm going to buy an extra coffee in Starbucks that won't actually get given to anyone.

When I first read about the idea, that's how it was "sold", for want of a better word. I would be more than happy to buy a suspended coffee if I knew it was going to get picked up by someone that needed it. I wouldn't even care if it was picked up by someone who just a bit skint rather than homeless but I'm buggered if I'm going to buy an extra coffee in Starbucks that won't actually get given to anyone.

Aye folk would be best just buying two then physically giving a homeless person one.

If some stranger bought me a coffee because I was fiddling for my wallet I'd probably be quite offended to be honest. What an awkward situation to put somebody in.

It's not awkward at all. Most people realise what you're doing & give you a smile & nod.

Try it

You'll make someone's shitty day seem less shittier. ;)

If some stranger bought me a coffee because I was fiddling for my wallet I'd probably be quite offended to be honest. What an awkward situation to put somebody in.

Wait, what? People are just buying people coffee because they take a while to find the money to pay for it and not getting the money back?

I thought they paid for it to save time and then received the money but away from the till so the queue could move forward.

I'm lost. Sack buying people Starbucks anyway. Sack buying random people anything actually.

Starbucks send out letters

How do they address them?

In all seriousness, it's nice to be nice, but I can think of much better recipients for my largesse than those who, by dint of actually being in an overpriced coffee shop, would, IMHO, have at best a few first world problems bugging them.

Certainly, although there have been a few issues in my life over the last year or more, at no time has my response been, "fùck me, a three quid bucket of weak coffee will fix this."

I'd be a bit pissed off if I was homeless and someone gave me a coffee instead of the cash that would pay for 2 litres of White Lightening, probably.

In my local friendly corner shop you can buy a bottle of White Lightning and buy another for the next tramp that walks in.

Whilst we're on the subject of Starbucks, I cannae mind the name of it but you can basically buy one cup of coffee for yourself, and buy one to put "on the tap" for the next homeless person that comes in.

Buying the homeless overpriced coffee doesn't help them, but it does wonders for Starbuck's profit margins.

I thought this was a joke until there were other responses. You mean to say that there are people who'll give free money to a notoriously unethical multinational on the off-chance that they'll give a ludicrously overpriced cup of coffee to the underclass that they'd discourage from being anywhere near their estabishments? You would genuinely have to be devoid of any critical thinking faculties. A donation to the Conservative Party would do more for the homeless.

f**k sake. Are you kicking their drink over and laughing at them as well?

Really need a central repository for 8MileBU's finest moments - where might this one be found, sir?

So far today I've had my gums bleed thanks to the dentist, been bemused by a petrol pump and nearly crashed into by some woman on the wrong side of the road. Something makes me think today can only really get better.