Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Channel 4 has started showing old (S3-onwards so far) Simpsons episodes around this time on weekdays. While this is obviously fantastic news, years of watching them all repeatedly has seared all the episodes into my brain to the extent that I can recognise when bits have been edited out, either for time constraints or for being unsuitable for the delicate sorts who'd be watching them at this time (for instance Mr. Burns training Santa's Little Helper to be an attack dog by softly punching him on the nose has gone from the one I just watched).

I noticed they edited a lot of stuff out from Big Bang as well.

It's pathetic really.

Channel 4 has started showing old (S3-onwards so far) Simpsons episodes around this time on weekdays. While this is obviously fantastic news, years of watching them all repeatedly has seared all the episodes into my brain to the extent that I can recognise when bits have been edited out, either for time constraints or for being unsuitable for the delicate sorts who'd be watching them at this time (for instance Mr. Burns training Santa's Little Helper to be an attack dog by softly punching him on the nose has gone from the one I just watched).

I also have this problem. There's points where parts don't even make any sense any more; like in the episode where Flanders decides he hates Homer and he dreams of going up the clocktower with a rifle and shooting indiscriminately - it's gone from the TV edit (I can understand why tbf). I don't know why I still watch it on TV when I have them on DVD anyway...

That Thierry Henry 'and you have to ask me if this is the best league in the world' shite is making me more and more irritated.

Fucking self-congratulatory bullshit as per usual from Sky. At no point in my life have I considered that league 'the best in the world' (and I probably never will). Sky have this air of "we're taking the credit for all of this by the way" about them.

Edited by stumigoo

Fucking self-congratulatory bullshit as per usual from Sky. At no point in my life have I considered that league 'the best in the world' (and I probably never will). Sky have this air of "we're taking the credit for all of this by the way" about them.

And so they should. The EPL would be nothing without them.

Home Alone 2 is on Film 4 just now.

Surely there should be some law that restricts it's broadcast to the month of December? The same should apply to the first one and the first two Die Hard films.

Home Alone 2 is on Film 4 just now.

Surely there should be some law that restricts it's broadcast to the month of December? The same should apply to the first one and the first two Die Hard films.

I think it should be law that a Die Hard film must be played on terrestrial tv at least once a month tbh. Quality films (the first two at least).

Social media in Dumfries going into full blown meltdown when Calvin Harris is spotted in the town. It's days like this, that I'm glad I don't have Facebook.

Sane thing happened a few weeks back when Tom Hardy was in Arbroath, "omg can't believe I missed him", aye I'm sure they just let any old randomer into the marine base.

Sane thing happened a few weeks back when Tom Hardy was in Arbroath, "omg can't believe I missed him", aye I'm sure they just let any old randomer into the marine base.

Calvin Harris is sitting in his best mates back garden having a drink, morons are actually taking pictures of him over the fence. A girl I have on snapchat is going out tonight, not drinking may I add, on the off chance he's in town.