Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

May not be of much help but Is This Of Any Help?

;)

Was that not the bridge that made the news a few days back because of all the drivers going against the traffic and driving the wrong way back over it? I think the Polis got involved because of the numbers of drivers risking an accident by doing this. :huh:

Quite possibly. I've seen several morons attempting to go across the "wrong way".

And in response to The Phoenix, I agree traffic lights are the best solution as that would suit everyone; however, as usual, the Council seem to have chosen the cheapest and easiest option.

My computer's well and truly fucked and in the repair shop getting fixed. Currently on my sister's laptop as she's out to the dancing tonight, and it's kinda weird getting used to the buttons. It's also been raining nearly all day, and it's meant to be the summer holidays.

Have just checked and I have posted 32 times today - currently number 6.

I can't think of anything worthwhile I might have said.

P & B encourages me to talk pish.

I may go back to speaking to myself instead. :(

Went down to Starks Park to pick up an East Fife ticket for a friend this morning, met my mate there who didn't have enough money to get home on the bus, and consequently had to walk home. My feet are sore as f**k.

Atleast i'm not walking all the way up to Markinch like him.

Could you not of just lent him some money?

Tight bastard. :P

Got this interview tomorrow and can honestly say I'm fucking kacking it.

Plenty of deep breaths, and stay calm. It's the army one, isn't it? Do you know what's expected of you and how long it'll be?

Say it's an hour long. What's an hour out of your entire life? Nothing. So, in the grand scheme of things, it's just a brief chat where you say whatever's expected of you and it's done, finished and over with. You'll be fine. :)

Good luck!

Plenty of deep breaths, and stay calm. It's the army one, isn't it? Do you know what's expected of you and how long it'll be?

Say it's an hour long. What's an hour out of your entire life? Nothing. So, in the grand scheme of things, it's just a brief chat where you say whatever's expected of you and it's done, finished and over with. You'll be fine. :)

Good luck!

Sound advice here.

Most people who go into interviews are nervous. It's expected. Being nervous is a good thing.

This will sound absolutely crazy and even stupid, but the way I thought about my last interview for my job was this - people are starving and dying in the World. People are homeless. People are losing loved ones. People are ill.

What's an hour interview?

(I'm not trying to make the interview seem like nothing, because it is clearly really important, but that's one way that makes me less nervous. I don't know why.)

All the best.

Edited by Muggy

Guest The Phoenix

MMSM

I've interviewed hundreds of people over the years and only once did I get it wrong with my first impression.

As you enter the room, smile and briefly make eye contact with all of the interviewers.

Get that bit wrong and as far as I'm concerned, you are fighting a losing battle.

All the best.

PS The one I got wrong? Turned out she was smiling because she was off her head on drugs.

Edited by The Phoenix

I reckon I've got swine flu - I have almost all the symptons. I don't have the required temperature but that was taken on a digi thermometer bought from a corner shop this morning.

I feel fucking awful.

Swine flu update Chris...are you deid yet?

Currently on my sister's laptop as she's out to the dancing tonight, and it's kinda weird getting used to the buttons.

There's some incestual sexual innuendo in there somewhere but, to be honest, I can't be arsed at the moment! :rolleyes:

Best of luck MMSM! I used to interview people for jobs, like Phoenix. Eye contact and confidence is the best policy as soon as you walk through the door. Just be yourself and, if you don't understand a question or need some time to think, tell them, don't try and bluff an answer - it'll make you look a daftie. Be yourself and be honest! That'll do! ;)