Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Stop yer whinging, Doc. A bridge in Stirling is being closed for SEVEN (yes SEVEN) fucking weeks which means a huge detour if you want to simply go to Tesco's or even into town! It's a fucking joke!

Stop yer whinging, Doc. A bridge in Stirling is being closed for SEVEN (yes SEVEN) fucking weeks which means a huge detour if you want to simply go to Tesco's or even into town! It's a fucking joke!

Seven weeks? Did it collapse or something? :(

Who knows. Probably just some annoying arse from the Council just trying to be, well, annoying. I think it just needs to be reinforced or something, but I don't really know. :(

edit: I tell a lie, I've just remembered. They are putting in an extra gas pipe or something along those lines.

Edited by Guest

Who knows. Probably just some annoying arse from the Council just trying to be, well, annoying. I think it just needs to be reinforced or something, but I don't really know. :(

edit: I tell a lie, I've just remembered. They are putting in an extra gas pipe or something along those lines.

I think I know the bridge you mean. Is it the one when you're leaving Stirling, it takes you out towards the Wallace Monument and on towards Alloa?

I think I know the bridge you mean. Is it the one when you're leaving Stirling, it takes you out towards the Wallace Monument and on towards Alloa?

Erm, probably. It takes you from the roundabout just beside Tesco's to Causewayhead and Cornton.

My Freeview box keeps freezing, requiring me to switch it off at the plug every five minutes.

I'm trying to watch Homes Under The Hammer, for God's sake..

This.

Again. :angry:

Right, this is starting to freak me out. Seems my freeview box likes to take a wee rest around about 10.00. Either that or it doesn't like Homes Under the Hammer, which is understandable I suppose..

My freeview was alright last night, although mine is built into the TV if that makes a difference. The only channel I watch is Dave anyway.

Guest The Phoenix
Erm, probably. It takes you from the roundabout just beside Tesco's to Causewayhead and Cornton.

Same one CJH is referring to.

Bunch of whingeing tossers live in Causewayhead anyway. ;)

It's hardly anyone's fault but their own that they all drive petrol guzzlers and it costs them an extra gallon of petrol to get into town.

Same one CJH is referring to.

Bunch of whingeing tossers live in Causewayhead anyway. ;)

It's hardly anyone's fault but their own that they all drive petrol guzzlers and it costs them an extra gallon of petrol to get into town.

We're fucking marooned. :( Seriously, could they not have built a makeshift bridge or something. WTF is the point when you can only go one way? I can get back alright, I just can't get there! :lol:

My freeview was alright last night, although mine is built into the TV if that makes a difference. The only channel I watch is Dave anyway.

Nah, I've just got a shitty wee freeview box which could be half the problem. Just seems weird that it only happens around about 10am every morning I'm home, it's fine any other time.

Guest The Phoenix
We're fucking marooned. :( Seriously, could they not have built a makeshift bridge or something. WTF is the point when you can only go one way? I can get back alright, I just can't get there! :lol:

A makeshift bridge would cost millions and take many months, if not years, to erect. It would also require to have access and exit roads built.

I can understand the frustration of those "on the wrong side of the river" but the council determined that having a one way system would cause less grief than putting in traffic lights to allow a two way flow.

The one bit I don't understand is why, at any time no work is being carried out, they can't move the safety fencing to the side to allow for normal two way traffic. Too much like hard work, I guess.

i can kind of relate to that. An important part of ferry road is closed off until november meaning i now take an extra five minutes tawking the seafield all the way next ot the seaside. I know five minutes doesnt seem much, but when you re getting into work for 7 in the morning it can be worth a whole lot more when getting up!

The main road where all the buses come down from in East Kilbride is closed due to roadworks, playing havoc with the routes, therefore the buses I normally get have been diverted across the other side of the town.

Mrs Doctor, not from EK, was taken on a grand tour of my hometown yesterday when she finished her work and was panicking as she didn't know where she was,

May not be of much help but Is This Of Any Help?

;)

Was that not the bridge that made the news a few days back because of all the drivers going against the traffic and driving the wrong way back over it? I think the Polis got involved because of the numbers of drivers risking an accident by doing this. :huh:

Not at all. I wouldn't get that bus to the airport because it takes me on a friggin tour of East Renfrewshire first.

Thanks anyway

Fair enough. It goes right past my house, just before Barshaw Park, which is why I get it.

At least the thought was there and Happy Anniversary as well! ;)

If it is traffic problems you want then Capy invites you all to Edinburgh............I'm thinking of setting up one of those walking tours for the festival,and i can guide you round the city and its environs and show you what the council are doing to the place.

Fair enough. It goes right past my house, just before Barshaw Park, which is why I get it.

At least the thought was there and Happy Anniversary as well! ;)

Thanks dude! :D

Guest Dunc?

7 weeks, you say...

That should mean that the bridge re-opens more or less on the day that I go to live about 100 yards from it.

Belter!

Went down to Starks Park to pick up an East Fife ticket for a friend this morning, met my mate there who didn't have enough money to get home on the bus, and consequently had to walk home. My feet are sore as f**k.

Atleast i'm not walking all the way up to Markinch like him.