Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My grumpy flatmate being too grumpy and stubborn to accept that I could get her internet connection set up within a few minutes. We got a new router, and she got a new wireless card for it....so I got the router set up, and by Vectron, I was on it from my computer within a few minutes.

She meanwhile is installing her card, and then after a painful process, she announces "the computers not recognising it". In the name of Vectron, it bloody well is, otherwise you wouldn't be able to sodding see any networks. Its a security thing. But rather than get exasperated, because by Vectron she can be a sensitive wee soul, I just simply walked away for 5 minutes to calm down.

Half an hour later, she's still struggling away at it, and I offered to help her with it.."you're not touching it". Well, fine. By Vectron, give me 5 minutes to put the settings in and have a tinker with it and I'd have it connected. Instead, she has now gone to bed without a working connection, all because she's too Vectron be damned stubborn just to let me get it working for her.

She's choking for it!

Guest Dunc?
My grumpy flatmate being too grumpy and stubborn to accept that I could get her internet connection set up within a few minutes. We got a new router, and she got a new wireless card for it....so I got the router set up, and by Vectron, I was on it from my computer within a few minutes.

She meanwhile is installing her card, and then after a painful process, she announces "the computers not recognising it". In the name of Vectron, it bloody well is, otherwise you wouldn't be able to sodding see any networks. Its a security thing. But rather than get exasperated, because by Vectron she can be a sensitive wee soul, I just simply walked away for 5 minutes to calm down.

Half an hour later, she's still struggling away at it, and I offered to help her with it.."you're not touching it". Well, fine. By Vectron, give me 5 minutes to put the settings in and have a tinker with it and I'd have it connected. Instead, she has now gone to bed without a working connection, all because she's too Vectron be damned stubborn just to let me get it working for her.

Do you regularly break her stuff? Cos that'll be why.

She's choking for it!

Gah! <_<

Do you regularly break her stuff? Cos that'll be why.

No, although she has this awful paranoia that I do. In my last flat, I got everyones computer running on our network (its a piece of pish), installed wireless cards where needed, and all that jazz. Except for hers. She insisted on doing it herself, but then when she did eventually ask for help, at no point did she just leave me alone to get it working. It was being a bit awkward, but whenever I tried to do anything, she would take the computer back off me, and when I made suggestions, she would not implement them properly, and then, by Vectron, blame me when her half baked implementation didnt work. So she spent fourth year of uni with a not quite working internet, which she refused to let me fix, and then blamed me for her own failures! Gah!

Gah! <_<

No, although she has this awful paranoia that I do. In my last flat, I got everyones computer running on our network (its a piece of pish), installed wireless cards where needed, and all that jazz. Except for hers. She insisted on doing it herself, but then when she did eventually ask for help, at no point did she just leave me alone to get it working. It was being a bit awkward, but whenever I tried to do anything, she would take the computer back off me, and when I made suggestions, she would not implement them properly, and then, by Vectron, blame me when her half baked implementation didnt work. So she spent fourth year of uni with a not quite working internet, which she refused to let me fix, and then blamed me for her own failures! Gah!

She's got some filth on there, get this into RTBC :D

Guest FTOF_PTFC_1

The guy with the "Jimmy hat", and those really annoying teeth on the rop roght of the P&B skin.

Edited by FTOF_PTFC_1

Why are there no good nightclubs?

I don't want a mixture of pop and r'n'b, I don't want 'classic dance' tunes that you've ripped straight from a compilation album aimed at 16 year old girls. Hell, I don't even want scantily clad dancers or modertely priced drinks. I JUST FUCKING WANT DECENT MUSIC

I don't want a mixture of pop and r'n'b, I don't want 'classic dance' tunes that you've ripped straight from a compilation album aimed at 16 year old girls. Hell, I don't even want scantily clad dancers or modertely priced drinks. I JUST FUCKING WANT DECENT MUSIC

Is there a particular nightclub or situation that has prompted the above comments?

Like Dancing Queen, Build Me Up Buttercup and Summer of 69?

I am with you all the way on that one.

Is there a particular nightclub or situation that has prompted the above comments?

I just got phoned by my friend who asked me to go to Silver on Saturday night with her and her friends. 4 attractive girls may just override the rubbishness of Silver though!

I began thinking to myself about decent alternatives, then realised there are none.

Like Dancing Queen, Build Me Up Buttercup and Summer of 69?

I am with you all the way on that one.

<_<

Guest Dunc?

I know exactly what you mean. The majority of clubs would be just as well sticking Galaxy FM on and saving the money they spend on a "DJ".

Guest Dunc?
By Vectrons beard, I love Galaxy FM! :D

Really? Really? I mean, really!?

You can fit their entire days playlist on one side of an LP!

I haven't been subjected to it since I left Stirling, but back in April it was basically just "Beyonce... Kanye West... A black man who's name I don't know... A black woman who's name I don't know... Infinity... Beyonce... Kanye West..." ad infinitum.

Really? Really? I mean, really!?

You can fit their entire days playlist on one side of an LP!

I haven't been subjected to it since I left Stirling, but back in April it was basically just "Beyonce... Kanye West... A black man who's name I don't know... A black woman who's name I don't know... Infinity... Beyonce... Kanye West..." ad infinitum.

I normally only listen to the radio for a few minutes a day, praise Vectron, on the drives to and from uni, but they seem to play a lot more dancy stuff than other stations, and they play some of the remixes, which I sometimes prefer to the original. Plus, at nights, they go into proper dancy stuff. For example, I was driving back from Dundee about half one last Saturday night, and by Vectrons flailing glowstick, they had a Paul van Dyk residency live from Ibiza! Proper late night driving music.

I never bothered with commercial radio until I got this car, normally I listened to cds or Radio 3, but by Vectron, I really like Galaxy FM! I have to say, they do play a bit much RnB, but it seems to be everywhere these days, and its no more than, say, Radio 1 plays.

Guest Dunc?

Radio 1 really surprised me, actually. I got fed up with the CDs I had in the car, and started listening to Radio 1 when I was driving. While they do mostly stick to the chart stuff, it seems to be the radio station most likely to throw a curveball. Every now and again they'll play something out of the blue, like Blink 182, or Pearl Jam. Radio 2 seems to actually play the best songs, but it's like one absolutely brilliant song an hour, and the rest of the time is filled with crap interviews, and dreadful callers.

Thanks to Radio One, I now love La Roux. Musically, you understand. She looks like Gareth Bale.

....and by Vectrons flailing glowstick...

That line got me.

Thanks to Radio One, I now love La Roux. Musically, you understand. She looks like Gareth Bale.

She also sounds like a small child fighting with a cat.

Radio 1 really surprised me, actually. I got fed up with the CDs I had in the car, and started listening to Radio 1 when I was driving. While they do mostly stick to the chart stuff, it seems to be the radio station most likely to throw a curveball. Every now and again they'll play something out of the blue, like Blink 182, or Pearl Jam. Radio 2 seems to actually play the best songs, but it's like one absolutely brilliant song an hour, and the rest of the time is filled with crap interviews, and dreadful callers.

I don't mind Radio one, but to me it just seems that Galaxy does the mainstream stuff better. I got bored of it though as I'm up too late for Chris Moyles, and like you said it is filled with crap interviews and dreadful callers during the day. Oh, and Scott Mills. <_<

Galaxy has less chat and more music, by Vectron, it seems to suit my current tastes better!

Radio 1 contains loads and loads of stuff though. They have all sorts of dance, indie and rap shows on in the evenings. Its not the pop music graveyard everyone seems to think it is....but during the day, it gets right on my wick.

1. Damn motorists who ignore zebra crossings, even when you've started to cross, the number of oafs who speed on seemingly oblivious to your presence is just ridiculous.

2. Bloody birds sqawking incessantly. Last night I closed my bedroom window to muffle the cacophony of noise that takes place outside, unfortunately that makes it as hot as hell in my room and I woke up having perspired so much that for a couple of horrible sleepy seconds I thought I'd pissed the bed.

3. Virtually every item of clothing I own needs ironed.