Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Had a busy day at work today involving deliveries to various places. First of all, traffic on M8 was shit, as was the road to Lochwinnoch then over to Fairlie. When i was leaving Fairlie, my van hit a pothole resulting in my sat-nav coming unstuck from the windscreen and shattering the display. I got to my next delivery only for no-one to be there to take it off me. Phoned office and they said they will contact the Company and will phone me back with instructions on what to do next. They rang back and said someone would be there in 10 mins. 45 mins later someone turns up to take the delivery. Eventually got back to the yard at 2 only to be told I had another two deliveries to do sad.gif . Only had a cup-a-soup for a break, been starving since.

Boss was great about the sat-nav and by doing those 2 deliveries today, I have a easier day tomorrow.

At least you didn't get stuck in Fairlie, it's a tip.

Really? unsure.gif

The street where I was delivering is full of nice expensive house's. I just thought because of the location, it was a well to do area.

I may have been whooshed here sad.gif

Really? unsure.gif

The street where I was delivering is full of nice expensive house's. I just thought because of the location, it was a well to do area.

I may have been whooshed here sad.gif

It has nice houses, but it's like living in a wet paper bag. There's nothing of interest or entertainment in the area or for miles around, the closest area of civilisation is fecking Largs.

It has nice houses, but it's like living in a wet paper bag. There's nothing of interest or entertainment in the area or for miles around, the closest area of civilisation is fecking Largs.

Oh right. Only so many times you can look at the wee marina there I suppose.

The fact having a few beers watching the fitba is ace at the time, not so ace the next day when your like a burst kebab sitting at yer work.

I remember going in to my work after a night on the Green Chatreusse.

6 hours worth of dry boaking and some off green shite ripping my jeer to bits on the way out convinced me to never drink again when I have work the next day.

:o

"Jings! Crivens! Help ma boab".

:lol: That was my reaction as well. It's just the way he casually dropped it into the post. I thought a "coming out" thread would have been forthcoming first to lessen the shock.

I say "Jings!" quite a lot. Usually if I'm trying to avoid swearing.

Or, bizarrely, if there's anyone overtly English in the area. For some reason, English people make me talk like a Broons character.

Unfortunately, I live with an Englishman.

Is that like a queeny gay?

Had to put down my dog who I've had for 14 years this morning, got to the stage she could barely stand up. Either the age was too much or my water supply was sabotaged with Tennents lager

:(