Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

(School) exams are stressful, and there's no denying that SGs are very important as they essentially decide what you take in 5th year, so it's understandable that 4th years are a bit 'lost' and go between classes for final preparation etc.

However, some 4th years at my school are taking the piss; they have been strolling in and out of all my own classes, caiming first priority and completely ignoring the fact that me and my other classmates are sitting higher exams in less that 2 weeks' time.

(School) exams are stressful, and there's no denying that SGs are very important as they essentially decide what you take in 5th year, so it's understandable that 4th years are a bit 'lost' and go between classes for final preparation etc.

lol wut

Standard Grades are an absolute piece of piss for anyone with more than a couple of functioning brain cells. The same applies to most Highers.

They're about as 'stressful' as being employed as an ice-cream taste tester.

School exams are stressful for a lot of people because, at that point, you have no idea of how they compare to anything else. They're basically the most stressful thing you'll do by that point in life.

In hindsight, they seem like a piece of piss, but it's not like that at the time.

Except for me, obviously. I'm fucking ace.

lol wut

Standard Grades are an absolute piece of piss for anyone with more than a couple of functioning brain cells. The same applies to most Highers.

School exams are stressful for a lot of people because, at that point, you have no idea of how they compare to anything else. They're basically the most stressful thing you'll do by that point in life.

Yup

I got 2's in all my standards, then left school with one higher after 6th year.

Still annoys me I never put the time in, but I'm happy enough in my job anyway, might go back to college to resit some of my exams in a year or 2

In hindsight, they seem like a piece of piss, but it's not like that at the time.

Except for me, obviously. I'm fucking ace.

Pretty much exactly this.

vikingTONs outburst of rage was amusing nonetheless.

lol wut

This.

I was in the airport waiting for a flight to Amsterdam before my SG chemistry exam was due to finish.

I got a 1.

I don't find Highers particularly stressful, but it doesn't mean I'm going to walk into the exam having done no preperation and the 4th years in the car park kicking volleyballs off the school building doesn't exactly help.

SG's are piss easy, but at the time they are quite a big deal. Although this didn't stop me cringing when I heard two girls discussing how hard their SG English exam was.